My new MKIII doesn't like my Axe-FX

MKeditor

Experienced
I plugged it in to my Axe-FX II for the first time and just got red lights with a blank screen. My MK1 works fine. I use a 7-pin midi with the power adapter plugged into the Axe-FX. If I power the MKIII up with just the AC adapter it boots up.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I would make sure you have your MKIII set for Midi. It probably defaults to faslink. Just going off memory.

I would make sure you have your MKIII set for Midi. It probably defaults to faslink. Just going off memory.

I can't change any settings at this point while plugged into the Axe-FX. I suppose I can from just powering it up from the Wall wart.

I can't change any settings at this point while plugged into the Axe-FX. I suppose I can from just powering it up from the Wall wart.
Yes, try to power it up with the wall wart, change to MIDI, turn it off (unplugging the power jack), then connecting the 7 pins MIDI cable and finally turn on the Axe.

Since FW 3.06 the Axe-FX II *XL* is the default model and FASLINK is the default port the MFC Mk III is set to. So after powering up just with the wall wart I would recommend to check not only the chosen port but also the model.

I changed it to midi but still got the red lights. When I switched it from Axe-FX II mode to none, it booted up fine. Thanks to the Fractal-bot and the MFC-edit, I was able to save the file as a MKIII file and upload it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. I came back from Nashville, powered up my rig and the mark III was red lights again so I pulled it and took the mark I to the gig. I can't power it up at the gig and be dead in the water. Anymore suggestions?

Should it really be this hard? It seems the MC101 should be able to at least edit when on 7-pin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom