My New MFC-10

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
Finished my new mini-MFC. Made by me for me.

This MIDI Foot Controller has 10 footswitches plus pedal with footswitch/LED plus pass-through for 2 external footswitches / pedal(s).

One footswitch toggles the other footswitches between patch (PC) and effect (FX) functions. There are a huge number of configuration options that allow flexible setup of footswitch functions, libraries for default overrides, MIDI messages and System Exclusives and much more. One example: I disable some functions to give me dedicated Tap and Back footswitches, regardless of the current PC/FX mode.

My MFC includes 4 entire configuration sets, any of which can be loaded at power-on, so it's like four MFCs in one! And being homemade, it has point to point wiring, so you know it sounds better :D

Attachments

• mfc-10.jpg
    mfc-10.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 331
Cool, well done!
Almost looks like a regular footswitch for an amp, where you change channels, FX loop and reverb. Get some cardboard box amp head + 4x12 and nobody will ever notice... :lol

what chip platform/coding? Pbasic like that last one?
Yep, same BasicStamp chip, evolving the same code I've used for around 10 years. Not the cheapest option for a new project, but costs nothing when you already have one :roll

I really want to make one with an Arduino chip some day. Nice work!

Try the FCB infinity project mr Mackatack has begun. He's used a teensy++ (which can run arduino) to creat a nice controller. I'm building one as well, but based in another enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom