My NEW Martin OM28E LR Baggs impressions

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, first. for clarity. Yes I play mostly blues, R&B, Blues rock and classic rock-Strats and Teles. BUT the first 15 or so years of my guitar life were strictly acoustic guitars. Lots of finger picking, james Taylor, Croce, CSNY, general hippy acoustic stuff :) Even did some ragtime finger picking.
OK, the martin OM28e is a great guitar. Better than I anticipated since I never did get to play one.
I don't just play folk stuff on it. Play everything from Van Morrison, Stevie wonder and the Allman Bros.
I was worried about all the web talk of they are not the easiest guitars to play.
Not true, for me anyway.

Just a great guitar and I am so glad I decided to spring for it.$3,232 with the Tax. Plays beautifully, sounds great unplugged and also plugged. Super light guitar, which was a surprise to me.
I am a happy camper....Sure I play my Strats and Teles more, but my acoustics do get played everyday. It's my fav way to watch any sporting event-noodling on the acoustic.
Image8.jpg

Glad you were able to get your hands on something you like, sight unplayed! I've had my D12-20 Martin for over 30 years and it is the best sounding acoustic I have ever played!! My J-40 is great, but I need to lower the action and my PRSi have interferred with me even caring about it (poor J-Fo) for the past 2 years!!! Enjoy and treasure that beauty!!!!

Back
Top Bottom