My new discovered love... Tim Pierce

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Cant believe how this guy just under my radar for zillions of years. Discovered him some time ago when he did a thing with Jay Graydon (massive old love there). Started to check him out and all his stuff is great and he also seems like a "share a pint" kind of guy

This pod/video cast is old, but found it so enjoying. Tim Pierce stuff starts around 11 minutes.

That gentleman is an absolute treasure. Not just his playing, but Tim is one of the best guitar teachers I've ever run across. Check out the free stuff on his channel. I bought his classes, and I've learned so much from him, simply because of how he presents the material!

Last edited:
Tim's the real deal. He and I came up through the trenches together in Albuquerque in the late '70s and early '80s. (Had the same teachers, played the same venues, etc.) We weren't close friends, but we knew each other. I fondly remember one evening when he and a friend (Bobby Under Jr.) dropped by my parent's house to listen to our band rehearse, then he went to his car and brought a guitar in to jam with us. He lived with one of my best friends when he first arrived in LA, and he started making a mark on the LA studio scene shortly after that. And he's still going strong. His discography is amazing.

I've been on a two day worm hole of Pete & Tim's YouTube shows. The last one I watched was with Scott Henderson. It was great!!

What a cool guy.

Check this out. Talks about gear, touring, Sound City and a bunch of stuff us musicos love.

Did Tim play the solo on "Jessie's Girl"? I thought I read that Neil Geraldo (Pat Benatar's husband) did. I think those days Neil and Lukather were playing on everyone's albums.

Back
Top Bottom