My new Axe-Fx III has blown me away...but I have one question

mngolf

Inspired
What a magical piece of gear! I cannot imagine going back. It is so incredibly fun to dream up your idea rig and build it on the fly. LOVE this. Has exceeded all of my expectations.

Question: When I use the FC12 controller to switch from one present to another, it changes and then, less than a second later, the sound cuts out for a split second. Anyone else run into this?

Question: When I use the FC12 controller to switch from one present to another, it changes and then, less than a second later, the sound cuts out for a split second. Anyone else run into this?
Most definitely not. Is it attached to a computer via USB running Axe-Edit III at the time? If so, that's the problem and it's a known limitation. Pause Axe-Edit III and it should no longer be an issue.

Most definitely not. Is it attached to a computer via USB running Axe-Edit III at the time? If so, that's the problem and it's a known limitation. Pause Axe-Edit III and it should no longer be an issue.

Cool - That is exactly what I am doing. I'll try what you suggest.

That's a bingo! Problem solved. Thanks!
On preset change, Axe-Edit III has to re-poll the preset to get the contents, know the block states, know the FC settings, etc. That's a short, but intense set of polling calls that interrupt the unit when they happen.

All of the above having been said, there are things that you can do with controllers and/or scenes that make changing presets almost entirely unnecessary within a song....

I have found even my most complicated songs are only 3 scenes, or three parts of a controller pedal's sweep (i.e., heel, middle, toe) to cover the whole song, sometimes with a couple button stomps for a variation here and there. Just one song uses all 12 buttons....

All of the above having been said, there are things that you can do with controllers and/or scenes that make changing presets almost entirely unnecessary within a song....

I have found even my most complicated songs are only 3 scenes, or three parts of a controller pedal's sweep (i.e., heel, middle, toe) to cover the whole song, sometimes with a couple button stomps for a variation here and there. Just one song uses all 12 buttons....

I am definitely being very primitive in my use of the FC12 so far. I haven’t tapped any of the potential of the unit. Need to dive deep on the manual.

I pretty much do what Joe mentions: Scenes w/ controllers (cc/fc). (I have an FC 12 w 4 FCs.)

very few preset changes ... shocking, but it’s so powerful!

I pretty much do what Joe mentions: Scenes w/ controllers (cc/fc). (I have an FC 12 w 4 FCs.)

very few preset changes ... shocking, but it’s so powerful!

Is the manual the best resource for understanding the diff between using scenes and presets?

Is the manual the best resource for understanding the diff between using scenes and presets?

great start, or specific FAS Axe3 “scenes” YouTube videos by Cooper (@ccroyalsenders), Leon (@2112 ), or Chris (@chris) ... key concept you will love

which is much like switching types/states/parameter values on anything in your signal path i.e. drives, comps, amps, cabs, time-based fox, etc.

also the wiki is very helpful

Back
Top Bottom