My Multi purpose PRESET opinions

Gael

Hello All members. (I'm a Spanish native speaker so please, my apologies for any writing mistake)

I Have a band, we play in bars here in China for a living, and I'm a little obsessed with finding the best preset to fit my needs. (workhorse preset)

So I came up with this preset, I use it 95% of the time, we have a repertoire with 300 different songs (any style included), so for me working with less presets and been able to use 1 for all is Gold to me. less thinking, faster playing and I can enjoy much more all the songs.

This preset was designed with HSS Strat type guitar (Suhr Classic S), so it tends to be hotter with Humbuckers or LesPaul types of guitar. in case you have a LP or Humbucker pickup guitar, just adjust the input trim instead of the gain knob (pitch controller is attach to it).

EDIT : Since there's been some problem with the conversion to FXII. FXII XL+ etc etc. I decided to do 2 pdf of the blocks, so you can recreate them. when I did this preset, I did it on the venues, and always edited in the venues cause is where I use it, so I may be cracking the output for computers or home speaker. I did a quick video, and uploaded on YouTube, to show you "in my sloppy playing" how this preset sound. its a 4min video with 16 tags, just going through some of the options I use on the preset.

As I said before, in the venue sounds killer... that's why I decide to share it, the whole purpose was to help and get feedback!

YOUTBE LINK.

Attachments

• CLEAN SUHR WAH.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 132
  • CLEAN SUHR WAH PRESET EXPLAINED.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 144
  • BLOCKS - CLEAN SUHR WAH 1.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 63
  • BLOCKS - CLEAN SUHR WAH 2.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
well, I was using a strat... but I did convert to axefxiii and lost an ir in the process. perhaps that ir was soaking up some db. either way: thank you very much for sharing!

well, I was using a strat... but I did convert to axefxiii and lost an ir in the process. perhaps that ir was soaking up some db. either way: thank you very much for sharing!

Ok! Cool man!!!

Is the Factory Cab 58 (4x12 TV Mix C1 ML) Ultra Res.

Filter slope 6db

Yup... is not a fancy Big Name Cab lol, but I had to find 1 Cab that works with Amp X and Y. And this one fits both, cause I’m using the Pitch controller and I wanted to keep those controllers.

Try it and let me know!!!

By the way, thanks for the feedback man!

"Is the Factory" - I just dropped the level by about 3-4db and it was great.
"thanks for the feedback " no worries. pass it on!
cheers

What factory preset would match up best with the one you created? I have the same guitar but unable to make all those changes. Thanks.

What factory preset would match up best with the one you created? I have the same guitar but unable to make all those changes. Thanks.

What do you mean with "unable to make all those changes"? Is the preset wrong or something?

About the "Factory Presets"... I may be wrong, but I have a philosophy with factory presets, I delete them, and try to make the presets from zero on my own, without anything that leads me on any certain way, trying to recreate my own "guitar voice" or sound...

Let me know if I can help you with anything bro.

What do you mean with "unable to make all those changes"? Is the preset wrong or something?

About the "Factory Presets"... I may be wrong, but I have a philosophy with factory presets, I delete them, and try to make the presets from zero on my own, without anything that leads me on any certain way, trying to recreate my own "guitar voice" or sound...

Let me know if I can help you with anything bro.
Thxz for the reply. It’s not my AX8, I use the one at church and only have access to it for a bit before hitting the stage. So I figure I’ll try to get the best preset I can.

Thxz for the reply. It’s not my AX8, I use the one at church and only have access to it for a bit before hitting the stage. So I figure I’ll try to get the best preset I can.

Well, in that case... maybe you can download the PRESET I put in the 1st comment, along with the PDF trying to explain what everything does, that way you'll get a clear idea of what I was trying to accomplish... and try to borrow it for 30min of time one day to load the preset and save it for your gig!

I think, once you read the PDF you'll get a pretty accurate idea of how the preset works, that way you can just adjust the input trim to your guitar and pickups and rock it!

I don't think any factory preset would do the trick, cause my goal for this preset was to make it work for a lot of scenarios, and 90% of the Factory presets serve just 1 single purpose.

I hope you can find a way to use it bro!...

I tried to use the preset by converting it in Fractool to use in my II XL+, but it's too hot and uses too much CPU. Unfortunately, it's not usable.

I tried to use the preset by converting it in Fractool to use in my II XL+, but it's too hot and uses too much CPU. Unfortunately, it's not usable.

Too Hot. : Just Lower the Input Trim according to your Guitar & Pickups. "I have a Suhr, Single coils and I use the pickups very low almost at the same level of the plate cause that gives me more sustain, plus I play with 11 gauge and high action, that's why I have low guitar output. But, if you use your pickups high or Humbucker, just lower the Input Trim!!!

Too Much CPU? that's weird bro, I use a AX8, the preset reaches 85% CPU and yours the II XL+ have almost twice the power of mine.

Hope you can try it!

Same here... Converted with Fractool, wouldn't load to my II XL using the bot, had to use AxeEdit to load it up, but alas, unusable, too much cpu and crackles like mad. Had to remove several things, including the worst culprit (modifier on input gain of amp block) for it to behave. Have to play around with it to see if it can be of any use, as a quick run through didn't do it for me (way too dark, way too reverby).

Same here... Converted with Fractool, wouldn't load to my II XL using the bot, had to use AxeEdit to load it up, but alas, unusable, too much cpu and crackles like mad. Had to remove several things, including the worst culprit (modifier on input gain of amp block) for it to behave. Have to play around with it to see if it can be of any use, as a quick run through didn't do it for me (way too dark, way too reverby).

Well, I guess the process of converting the preset from AX8 to FXII damages something using Fractool. Its a shame bro, cause I've loaded it in 3 different AX8 and it sounds the same so I thought it will be cool to share it.

I'm going to make a video, so you can Hear how the preset really sounds, cause with your statement of (way too dark, way too reverby) that tells me the process with the Fractool clearly change a lot of stuff.

Maybe the preset can't be loaded into FXII without get damaged, so probably taking some pictures will help you to recreate the same preset for the FXII and if you like it, you can upload the FXII version.

My goal is to help bro.

Nicely done. Was a little hot comparably. Sounds very refined.

Since there's been some problem with the conversion to FXII. FXII XL+ etc etc. I decided to do 2 pdf of the blocks, so you can recreate them. when I did this preset, I did it on the venues, and always edited in the venues cause is where I use it, so I may be cracking the output for computers or home speaker. I did a quick video, and uploaded on YouTube, to show you "in my sloppy playing" how this preset sound. its a 4min video with 16 tags, just going through some of the options I use on the preset.

As I said before, in the venue sounds killer... that's why I decide to share it, the whole purpose was to help and get feedback!

PS : this was recorded with a cable and converter directly from my AX8 to my Iphone

YOUTUBE LINK.

Too Hot. : Just Lower the Input Trim according to your Guitar & Pickups. "I have a Suhr, Single coils and I use the pickups very low almost at the same level of the plate cause that gives me more sustain, plus I play with 11 gauge and high action, that's why I have low guitar output. But, if you use your pickups high or Humbucker, just lower the Input Trim!!!

Too Much CPU? that's weird bro, I use a AX8, the preset reaches 85% CPU and yours the II XL+ have almost twice the power of mine.

Hope you can try it!
My input trim is set correctly, but I've been noticing that a lot of preset I seem to download are extremely hot either from axe change or converted by Fractool.

My input trim is set correctly, but I've been noticing that a lot of preset I seem to download are extremely hot either from axe change or converted by Fractool.

Ohhh I see, its ok bro. maybe "if you like the sound in the video" you can use the PDF to take what you like.

for me it would be awesome if someone with FXII try to recreate the same preset that works for your case... I mean, the more the better if we all put a little in this.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Ohhh I see, its ok bro. maybe "if you like the sound in the video" you can use the PDF to take what you like.

for me it would be awesome if someone with FXII try to recreate the same preset that works for your case... I mean, the more the better if we all put a little in this.

Thanks for the reply bro.
Ill try to give it another shot later on. and post my results. I just downloaded Ares V 2.00, lets see if that helps.

Just wanted to say thanks for this preset. I've been using something similar based on the Dirty Shirley, but I love the sound you got, loads of drive and effects options, and the logical way the footswitches are set. I will be using this live. Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom