My Mission EP1 won't communicate with my Axe-Fx III

Wes S

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I can't get my Mission EP1 to do anything with my AXE III. I've read the manual and tried calibrating it but it doesn't work (or at least I don't think so because nothing happens), tried changing my cable just in case it's the issue but that didn't do anything either.

Can someone give me a step by step break down of how to do this and what I need to be looking for. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, I just want to use a wah pedal lol

Thanks

Just to make sure, are you plugging into the pedal jack on the Axe Fx or are you using an FC?

Make sure you are calibrating the correct thing - there are options for the pedal jacks and the FC pedals.

I was plugging straight into the AXE. but my issue was in the midi screen of the i/o. I didn't have the first out set to pedal 1. Someone on FB helped me out. But Thank you for the help guys

Just got my axe fix III , having trouble calibrating mission ep 1 spring loaded for wah ,what am I doing wrong? Using trs cable in pedal 1

Just got my axe fix III , having trouble calibrating mission ep 1 spring loaded for wah ,what am I doing wrong? Using trs cable in pedal 1
Iii-rear-transparent.png

Read this:

Pedal ports
The Axe-Fx III has two pedal ports for direct connecting to expression pedals and/or external switches.

An expression pedal should have a linear resistance taper, max resistance of 10-100 kOhm, and requires a TRS-to-TRS cable. The pedal must be calibrated before use in the I/O menu.

An external switch can be a momentary or latching one, and uses a TS-to-TS cable. Use the I/O menu to tell the hardware what type of external switch you're connecting, and to calibrate connected pedals.

The Owner's Manual contains tutorials about connecting, calibrating and configuring a pedal, either connected directly to the device, or via another controller.

Unlike the previous hardware generation of hardware, the Axe-Fx III allows selecting a pedal or switch directly as a modifier source (without assigning it to an external controller first).

The FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers also allow connecting expression pedals and switches to the controller. These are configured in the Setup > Foot Controllers menu. Read this: FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers

Yep I’m reading I’ll get it ,love it , had all the other axe fix units , from original to II ALL steril axe fix III , FINALLY got it , I run 4 cable through a Suhr hedge hog midi and 2 x12 hedge cabinet , next set up 4 x12 scumbacks with possible engl 840 or 850

Last edited:
Iii-rear-transparent.png

Read this:

Pedal ports
The Axe-Fx III has two pedal ports for direct connecting to expression pedals and/or external switches.

An expression pedal should have a linear resistance taper, max resistance of 10-100 kOhm, and requires a TRS-to-TRS cable. The pedal must be calibrated before use in the I/O menu.

An external switch can be a momentary or latching one, and uses a TS-to-TS cable. Use the I/O menu to tell the hardware what type of external switch you're connecting, and to calibrate connected pedals.

The Owner's Manual contains tutorials about connecting, calibrating and configuring a pedal, either connected directly to the device, or via another controller.

Unlike the previous hardware generation of hardware, the Axe-Fx III allows selecting a pedal or switch directly as a modifier source (without assigning it to an external controller first).

The FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers also allow connecting expression pedals and switches to the controller. These are configured in the Setup > Foot Controllers menu. Read this: FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers
Got it thanks

Back
Top Bottom