My MIDI command center

Love it!

Just curious as to how you have Preset IA working. It says Start so presumably if you tap it once it will give you the Preset menu, and if you hold it then it will do something else?

Love it!

Just curious as to how you have Preset IA working. It says Start so presumably if you tap it once it will give you the Preset menu, and if you hold it then it will do something else?

Yes, if I hold it, it will recall preset 384, which is my main (kitchen sink) preset. It’s like pressing “Home”, or a panic button.

The Hold function of the Songs button works in a similar way.

I bought the Mastermind LT and I absolutely love it! Definitely not as many buttons to keep track of, but it's extremely versatile and easy to use. The support is fantastic as well.

To answer a couple of PMs I got:

If you're getting an Axe-Fx III, get a Fractal FC-6 or FC-12!
The FCs are hands down the easiest, compatible and full-featured controllers to work with the Axe-Fx III.
(There's some stuff in the RJM that the FCs do not yet provide, but this applies vice versa too.)

So why the RJM?
  • because I have been using it for a long time
  • because it's the only controller that allows me to adapt it to my personal workflow, instead of the other way around
  • because it has large displays
  • because it has so many buttons and I like having everything immediate access to stuff
  • because of return on investment (it's very expensive!).

Love mine dont even use setlist mode just 5 presets 8 scenes and stomps
hey yek is there a way of naming channels on a Drive on drive stomp ???

Attachments

• 20200118_200206.jpg
    20200118_200206.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 43
hey yek is there a way of naming channels on a Drive on drive stomp ???

Yes, on the hardware or editor use the function “Assign Button” or “Assign CC”. Choose a Drive block and a button. The GT will now do this AND also assign the Hold function of the button to the four channels of that Drive block. Now edit that button’s Hold function where you’ll see A B C D as labels. You can change those into the actual names of the drive types of the channels. Note that this is only useful if you use the same Drive types in every preset.

Yes, on the hardware or editor use the function “Assign Button” or “Assign CC”. Choose a Drive block and a button. The GT will now do this AND also assign the Hold function of the button to the four channels of that Drive block. Now edit that button’s Hold function where you’ll see A B C D as labels. You can change those into the actual names of the drive types of the channels. Note that this is only useful if you use the same Drive types in every preset.
Yeah thats what i thought...

Curent RJM configuration, main page.
  • The pink buttons select scenes (green= active). The white tape below indicates the hold functions of those buttons.
  • The red/green buttons engage or bypass effect, and switch other stuff.
  • Top-left button boosts the signal from my single-coil guitars, and with the help of Fractal's Scene Ignore function isn't affected by scene switching.
  • Top right button ("pedal") switches the exp.pedal between functions (Wah, Whammy, Feedback).
  • The "Preset/Song" button displays the Presets menu or the Song menu.
  • The "<< ch.A" button switches the channels of all modulation effects to the left in one go.
  • The "AMP A/B/C/D" buttons let me change AMP block channels without changing scenes.
  • The "back" button recalls the previous preset.
  • The external button strip lets me increase/decrease presets or songs, activates the tuner and engages an oscillating delay.
  • I'm using a 6-pin XLR cable for data/power. A WIDI Master dongle connects to the iPad running BandHelper.
  • The Lehle box lets me connect two guitars.

IMG_1369.jpg

Last edited:
Example of the Channel Select page:

View attachment 111157
This is a cool feature...
Question: Does the unit get this info from the fractal, or do you manually enter it in an editor and store it on the unit?

This device really is a great piece of tech. Looks very versatile to config to your likings and usability. 👌

Cheers 🍻

Edit: I read your post #11 and got my answer 👍

Hi Yek, I'm very impressed of your gt22-layouts. Maybe it's possible to get your gt22-File for learning? I also have one and struggle a little bit with programming...
and btw. what's the 4-button-switcher on the right? Selfmade or something to buy? This looks very handy...
thanx for your work, your help and being here with all of your power

Back
Top Bottom