My MFC Mark 3, has going dead, just displaying "FW Update mode" and nothing else.

GuitarLife

Hi there hope you please can help me..

My MFC Mark 3 foot controller, has going dead, as it not light up anything, but only the display saying "FW Update mode". This just happened when I tuned on the Axe Fx 2 xl+ today? I did turn off and on Axe FX 2 some times, but didn't help at all. Its connected properly with the MFC cable, that following from factory.

What can be wrong? Please, and thanks for your help of any kind.

What is an "MFC cable"?

XLR? EtherCon?

Have you tried another cable or a power adapter?

Also could be a stuck button. I think powering on with a specific button pressed enters FW update mode.

Last edited:
Hi unix-guy
Thanks.. What do you mean by "sociocultural specific button"..? This sounds strange. Is it a button on Axe 2 xl+ or at the MFC 101?
Can you point out what exactly button you mean?

The cable is the the XLR -kind of cable, that followed the MFC 101 from fabric, and have been used always until now. It should (and has) been powering the foot controller as well. There should be no need for "power adapter".

When I power on Axe fx 2, as I use to, only the display on MFC is lighten up and says: "FW Update mode", no other things lights up on MFC..?

Hi unix-guy
Thanks.. What do you mean by "sociocultural specific button"..? This sounds strange. Is it a button on Axe 2 xl+ or at the MFC 101?
Can you point out what exactly button you mean?

The cable is the the XLR -kind of cable, that followed the MFC 101 from fabric, and have been used always until now. It should (and has) been powering the foot controller as well. There should be no need for "power adapter".

When I power on Axe fx 2, as I use to, only the display on MFC is lighten up and says: "FW Update mode", no other things lights up on MFC..?
Haha! Damn phone autocorrected and threw that in there!

Should have said:
I think powering on with a specific button pressed enters FW update mode.
Edited my previous post.

Last edited:
57B7492D-EFDF-4EAC-B089-CAC12EE76B52.jpeg

You can open it up and make sure all the ribbon cables are firmly seated.

Make sure button #1 isn't stuck.

Thanks so much. I’ll look at this function when I get home.. Im at work now until late evening. Sounds like the first button has been stocked?

Hi unix-guy.

Now it works again in miraculous way..?! But I had to do some sweat about it..
Powered Axe Fx up some times with the #1 footswitch hold down and it seams nothing happened. I did tjeck the cable was set right and also took the midi out from Axe fx out of the computer. Then I just powered Axe fx 2 up normal without #1 switch button hold down and it powered up normal (OMG), as nothing was wrong..?????

Thank you so much for your help..

It is now continue to do this strange error.. It is stocked at these "FW Update mode" and will not operate normal now.

I did try to update the firmware for MFC 101 Mark 3, and it did the update, but just still stocked at "FW Update mode" again, after reboot Axe Fx 2 xl+?

It did this 2 or maybe 3 times after it went normal first time, but it started up after, try to hold #1 footswitch button and reboot.

What in the world can be wrong here, is my MFC 101 Mark 3, finish and caput.. What is the suggestion here..?

My footswitch #1 is acting normal and is not stocked in any way, it's like the others.

Hi positive news!!

When I was going to pack the MFC 101 mark 3 for G66-support in Germany, in the box provided and just wanted to clean it, It happened to see that the bolt on button # 1 was loose?!! And I tried to tighten it as best I could. After it was clamped and tighten the best i could , the MFC worked again! Hurrah ! (3 x hurrah)

But DO I have to, sometimes, ones in a while, to “tighten” this buttons? (OMG)
Can you maybe tell about best type of suitable Tool for this to tighten? Maybe it's necessary for my continued use and security?
It is very small (thin) and difficult to clamp with a wrench.

Hi positive news!!

When I was going to pack the MFC 101 mark 3 for G66-support in Germany, in the box provided and just wanted to clean it, It happened to see that the bolt on button # 1 was loose?!! And I tried to tighten it as best I could. After it was clamped and tighten the best i could , the MFC worked again! Hurrah ! (3 x hurrah)

But DO I have to, sometimes, ones in a while, to “tighten” this buttons? (OMG)
Can you maybe tell about best type of suitable Tool for this to tighten? Maybe it's necessary for my continued use and security?
It is very small (thin) and difficult to clamp with a wrench.
A socket would probably be best. Might need a deep socket.

I no longer have an MFC so I can't confirm size.

Back
Top Bottom