My matrix GT800fx flashed and died...

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi all,
so at practice the other day, and i was just playing quiet whilst the drummer set up. the sound went weird for a second then a big flash came from behind the vol pots and that was it, no more sound. i switched it off straight away at the wall just incase it went up in flames haha.
i had a look inside and couldnt see any burning of anything, even though you could smell it badly.

tested it again, and its on fine but the input lights dont flicker or anything. no sound, its dead.

has anyone got any clues?
im gonna talk to the guys at matrix and see what they can do for me, just wondering if anyone might have a few pointers?

cheers

joe

Matt at Matrix would need to help you diagnose it further.......they are very responsive and have helped me in the past as well.

Nothing you can do at this point if something is damaged internally etc. Im sure Matrix will assist ;)

That sucks man, I'm sure if you contact support they will be in touch right away. Hope you get it sorted.

Spence

Matt made contact really fast. Im impressed, im just waiting on the guy who rubs the practice room to tell me some info on the cab, then we can have a good idea of whats gone on.

What the hell... does that guy run a bot that monitors multiple forums for new posts on the word "Matrix." That is fast service =)

looks like it was either a line6 spider 2 cab or a laney cab.
both cabs are fine and checked out fine.
any ideas what it could have been?
i was only playing at about speaking volume, so i couldnt have blown anything with too much power.
i had a really shitty practice this week without this power amp so id love toy get it up and running again.

Back
Top Bottom