My Matrix GR1000Fx just died on me Matt your inbox is full

changed the fuse back in business
speaker cab was not plugged in all the way , must've have shorted the circuit?
anyway it's working now

Well, this is a reminder to all: Both Neutrik Powercon and Speakercon must be inserted and locked before ANYTHING is powered up.

Hi there,
My apologies for the delayed reply. I am clearing more space in the inbox now.

If when pressing the power button on there are no internal lights the fuse is normally the best place to look first.

Glad you are up and running again.

Best regards
Matt

wow clean design and layout inside of this box
I am as much a noob with electronics as you will ever find and I think I could make my way around this thing

Advice (even that I know that the Matrix amps are secured left, right and center). NEVER short the output's of a SS amp and NEVER leave the output's of a valve amp with-out speakers connected.

glad you're back up and running....

I totally understand that sinking feeling when things don't work right..
or worse, do nothing at all

Well, this is a reminder to all: Both Neutrik Powercon and Speakercon must be inserted and locked before ANYTHING is powered up.

Solid state amps are usually just fine with nothing connected, and the Neutrik connectors are fine if you twist from locked to unlocked, nothing shorts out .. there would be many many dead PA systems of that happened, PA monkeys are always messing around like that.

The dangersous one is 1/4" jack ... its quite easy to get it to sit with the contact between the tip and sleeve shorting the thing out, and its quite possible to get a shock off them if your hands a rea bit damp and you touch the pointy end when someone is giving it a good twang! ... I went with Neutriks a while back and they are a much much nicer connector, and unlike jacks, if you do happen to power up your solid state amp and the connector is only half in, nothing bad will happen. Its always a good plan to sort everything out before you start, but at least with Neutriks, you are not going to have a bad day if you mess up.

How do you mean two speaker jacks side by side?

The Matrix has 3 outputs - a left, a right and a bridges. All outputs are capable of taking both speakons (preferable) or jacks - so it does have jack outputs side by side.

I think eljoden means being able to run stereo from left and right? is that correct? (that would be cool but I don't know of any power amp that is set up like that ,tube or SS)

And isnt possible. A stereo amp has twin amp modules - each one giving its own output - hence twin outputs. To have stereo from each - left and right - would need 4 amp modules.

And isnt possible. A stereo amp has twin amp modules - each one giving its own output - hence twin outputs. To have stereo from each - left and right - would need 4 amp modules.

This one has got four outputs
xt4004eqweb.jpg

XT4004EQ - XT 4 Channel Series

Now on to a more serious answer.
I believe the question asking for two outputs per channel would be to run two cabs per side, if the first cab you are going to does not happen to have a link out.
You could achieve the same thing with a cable splitter that will take one input and run two outputs.

I hope that helps.
My best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom