My Main Gigging Preset "Rig Rundown"

I gravitate towards the USA clean model for chimey cleans, one of my favourites. I use my guitar volume and scene 2 (less input gain via a scene controller) if I need a cleaner tone live; it's more a gritty light OD than pristine clean as I find it sits in a mix better.
Leon,
Yes, I've used the USA clean a bit as well....I was thinking more in terms of "clean to mean" type of configuration using the MK II++ setting up a clean scene using the same basic set up you used in the video. I downloaded it last night and will give it a shot.
Thanks!

Leon,
Yes, I've used the USA clean a bit as well....I was thinking more in terms of "clean to mean" type of configuration using the MK II++ setting up a clean scene using the same basic set up you used in the video. I downloaded it last night and will give it a shot.
Thanks!
In that case I'd lower the overdrive to around 6 and use a scene controller to change either the input gain, input trim or both to get everything from clean to mean.

Great Video, very informative for a newbie like me! Lol.
I'm running the Angle Severe amp with BBE drive pedal in the front( can't remember the exact name).
I noticed you have your gain quite high. I rehearsed for the 1st time with my AX8 and 2 FRFR cabs and I noticed when I'm palm muting heavy chords it seems that the volume dips or kinda wavers ever so slightly. I pretty much run the amp stock with the exception of turning up the gain to about 6.00 and the input to about 4.30 or so. I'm learning as I go. Kinda sucks because I can't play at a rehearsal or live levels at home. Making these teaks during a rehearsal is tough when your trying to rehearse for 3 sets. Also, due you think that the gate would have any affect on the volume while playing.
Thank you.
I have had similar experiences with dipping volume on palm mutes. Turnes out it was the compressor in the mixer I plugged in to. The compressor wasn't really noticeable on open chords, but when I did palm mutes the level out of the AX8 spiked a bit and triggerd the compressor. I asked the sound guy to raise the threshold on the compressor he used in the mixer and that fixed it for me. Don't know if this is the case for you though...

In that case I'd lower the overdrive to around 6 and use a scene controller to change either the input gain, input trim or both to get everything from clean to mean.

:confused:... from what I understood, you couldn't change/save parameters using "Scenes"???... you would have to X/Y or something... IF, you can change drive,gain,EQ settings on an amp block or FX block and save them with in a certain scene that would be AWESOME! .. There are ton's of times when I just want to bump up the Delay or Reverb on using a scene but end up have to change to a different Reverb or Delay using the X/Y function when switching scenes...

I've got the scenes across the bottom and delay, wah, drive and pitch blocks on the top. That way I can visually monitor if the wah is engaged (in case I leave the expression pedal cocked) and add/subtract the main effects I use where needed.

2112, you are doing the very thing I have been asking about with no understanding of yet. How do you set up the 8 switches where the bottom 4 are scenes and the top 4 are IA's? Thanks!

How do you set up the 8 switches where the bottom 4 are scenes and the top 4 are IA's? Thanks!
Just program the bottom four switches to select scenes. The same way you program them to be anything else. Couldn't be easier. :)

2112, you are doing the very thing I have been asking about with no understanding of yet. How do you set up the 8 switches where the bottom 4 are scenes and the top 4 are IA's? Thanks!
Yes like Rex said, you can program/assign the footswitches in AX8-edit. Just click the Footswitches button. Each preset can have different footswitch functions.

Ok thx guys, heading to church WITHOUT my new AX* this morn. Will check it out later. I know how to drag blocks into the foot switches but I never saw where to do scenes. I will try and figure it out, it must be right in front of me. Can this be done globally as well?

Super cool, thx a bunch Leon. Is the preset available? Interested to try someone else's live FRFR setup. Seems much harder to make a good live sound compared to recording or bedroom level.

Back
Top Bottom