My Live Tones

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I've been kicking around doing some youtube videos, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I figured a good way to learn the tools would be to do a youtube video showcasing the various tones I use for my band + some old cover band tones I have used in the past. My editing skills are fledgling at best and the playing on here is incredibly sub-par due to my recent obsession with Skyrim and Starcraft II. This is the first time I picked up a guitar in almost 2 weeks and I didn't warm up ahead of time... without further ado, here are all of my tones.

[Video=youtube;in2eTMdoqFY]http://youtu.be/in2eTMdoqFY[/video]

edit: Embedding the video...

Last edited:
Very cool of you to do.

Do you find your clean tones are on par volume wise with your gain tones? On the video, they seem lower in level.

Very cool of you to do.

Do you find your clean tones are on par volume wise with your gain tones? On the video, they seem lower in level.

In CiQ, I use clean as a dynamic effect for intros or breakdowns (most of the band isn't playing or the drummer shifts to a laid back soft beat). They're purposely a little quieter, but I hadn't noticed how drastic the level difference was until I made the video. I also noticed I've got a wee bit too much gain on my main distortion sound, which isn't as apparent through the atomics. I find that strange.

Killer beard
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for posting that - I especially liked the synth tone, could you post that too please..?

Killer beard
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for posting that - I especially liked the synth tone, could you post that too please..?

Thanks! All the tones I used are posted. The synth is called "CiQ Whammster". It's called that because the tones I use for my current band all have CiQ as a designator and it's kind of a re-imagining of the Whammster effect from my old Vetta II. I'm still working on recreating that patch, but I like the axe fx version too. Ideally, I'd like to use the synth I have + the original Vetta II sound I had and run them in parallel. I did this one of our demo tracks and it gave it this really cool surround sound swirling effect. Here's what the original Vetta II patch sounded like that I'm trying to match.

I have this weird downtime right now that I'm not used to. All of my guitar tracks are done in the studio and our next gig is 3 weeks from now. It's so nice to have my Axe FX next to my computer and not in the rehearsal space! It's like I discovered the unit all over again. If only I could only afford 2 units...

Sidivan thanks alot for sharing !! I really liked the purple rain patch - such nice chorus you made there !

You must be using FOH since u have a cab in the signalchain - i play thrugh comboes and when i removed that cab i t sounded fantastic - but we all play with different setups so normally when i download a syx. file I think WHAT ! but it must sound good in another setup :)

I'm glad you like the patch! I'm a sucker for a good chorus and good delays on a clean channel.

I do indeed go direct FOH. I also have an Atomic Wedge sitting next to my vocal monitor, which is also what I use to dial this stuff in.

Back
Top Bottom