My LIVE sounds

Nice vid!
I’m so thankful I got the RJM GT16.... don’t think I could ever go back to guessing with patches etc

Great demo vid! It is always interesting to see how other people set their rigs up. Great way to get your thinking outside your normal pathways....

You mentioned doing mostly patches back in the old days. Early on, in the early '90s I was doing the same, but then got an X15, and found how to set Leslie speed control on my Quadraverb GT to listen to the control button, and I was hooked.

Later, I got deeper into controllers and switching stuff on and off within the Quadraverb II that replaced my old GT, but this AxeFX III is unreal. The Q2 limited me to, IIRC(it was a long time ago), 8 controller assignments per patch. I have 16 controllers available now, and almost everything can listen to any one of the controllers, so the limitations are removed. Additionally, I can control the amps now, not just the FX. I eventually got some MIDI controlled relays to switch amp channels, but it was separate and disconnected from the FX control. All it did was save me running the footswitch cable up front, really. I could use one of the CC switches to change channels.

All I have left from that era is the FC200 and the two EV5 pedal CCs, and they will get me through until my FC number comes up, as I pretty much just play and record at home now.

P. S.: I dig your cat. :) Sadly, my OL is allergic.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, man!
Do you use low cut and high cut in the cab block in your presets? If so; mind sharing where you set them?

Back
Top Bottom