My live Def Leppard "Hysteria" Preset Version 3

Keith White

Experienced
This is my live 5 scene preset for Def Leppard Hysteria
I just improved it Added chorus to clean and switched amp model to Cooper Carters free clean. Just cant top it. Different cab models. Created scene 5 which adds octave below to end part of solo. Download v3 is below.
Scene 1 is clean beginning
Scene 2 is the distorted lick after clean beginning and also gives more drive when the doubling heavy guitar comes in doing the clean main lick
Scene 3 is the higher register lick during the choruses
Scene 4 is the solo
Scene 5 is the end part of solo with the octave below.
Scene 6 is the pre solo swell you control this with volume block in column 2 row 3 you have to assign it to an expression pedal start with it heel down the default is fc 1 pedal 4 If you dont have 4 expression pedals be sure to assign it to another number
sorry for the distorted audio clips

Attachments

• +DEF Hysteria v3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
keep checking here will be uploading a newer version of this soon with improved clean tone. Its missing the percussive attack. Im also moving the volume block to the end of the chain because its changing the gain structure of the amp by being in front which is preventing a smooth volume swell for the pre solo scene.

OMG! I've searched the forum for "Hysteria" because I was looking for this patch, and the first 30 posts are related to COVID-19 :D

Thank you again for sharing this

I was making my own preset. I will try to get some ideas from this one and I'll post the results

I have made an improvement for this preset My version 4 is below. In scene 2 I brought the volume up a bit and a added a prechorus section for the part that starts with I want To Know Tonight. I dont always use a guitar with a tremolo on this so I copied the clean channel 1 to 4 and added a slight tremolo effect to smooth that section out. It sounds nice with a band.

Also Im putting finishing touches on a new preset for Walking on a Thin Line by Huey Lewis and the News that I will be posting in the next couple of days if you are interested. Im using a sweep delay for the solo section and it really brings the notes out front.

V3 sounds awesome by the way so really hoping to try v4... just tried re-downloading but the issue persists. Was it made with the 12.08 beta firmware?

Back
Top Bottom