my intro to steve morse

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
really glad someone posted this video.
it was included in some guitar documentary i happened to watch years ago.
i was just starting to play the guitar and it was this very clip that introduced me to steve morse.
i started searching for all the dixie dregs stuff and became a huge fan since then.
Steve Morse Night of 1,000 Guitars, Diamond Club, Toronto, 1987 - YouTube

the same mentioned documentary also got me hooked on rik emmett (who used to have a regular column in guitar player magazines back then) and the always graceful liona boyd.

really glad someone posted this video.
it was included in some guitar documentary i happened to watch years ago.
i was just starting to play the guitar and it was this very clip that introduced me to steve morse.
i started searching for all the dixie dregs stuff and became a huge fan since then.
Steve Morse Night of 1,000 Guitars, Diamond Club, Toronto, 1987 - YouTube

the same mentioned documentary also got me hooked on rik emmett (who used to have a regular column in guitar player magazines back then) and the always graceful liona boyd.

As a teen from the south in the 70s into the Allman Brothers, Steve Morse and the Dregs were like the 2.0 of Southernish rock (and other styles). What a great band, and he's one of the best players/composers of rock that I know. Thanks for the link.

As a teen from the south in the 70s into the Allman Brothers, Steve Morse and the Dregs were like the 2.0 of Southernish rock (and other styles). What a great band, and he's one of the best players/composers of rock that I know. Thanks for the link.

+1

And what great addition he has made to Deep Purple.

And thanks Sundance - never saw this vid. before.

Thanks,
Prompted me to go look up some old vids of his.
Humbled all over again!
I love his work with Deep Purple also, I've labored over and now play, Sometimes I feel like screaming. Fun song!

I just watched the video and am both amazed and saddened. Amazed at his playing abilities and knowledge. Saddened that I have been playing guitar for over 35 years and could not even begin to play like he does. I practice constantly but it proves some are just born with the talent.

I just watched the video and am both amazed and saddened. Amazed at his playing abilities and knowledge. Saddened that I have been playing guitar for over 35 years and could not even begin to play like he does. I practice constantly but it proves some are just born with the talent.

I'm sure the last thing Steve Morse would want would for anyone to be saddened about playing the guitar, at any level. Try listening past his tremendous talent, technique,and tone and listen to the sheer joy he puts into his music. If you let it into your music you can be happy no matter where you are in your journey!

Same here my friend 36 years here, I know what you mean.

Steve has been an inspiration for many, many years. One of my all-time fave's. Saw him perform with the Dregs in the '70's and have also seen him perform with his band (w/Dave Larue on Bass) here in N. Cal, and also saw him play a solo gig a few years back. Just an amazing performer, and a heck of a nice guy. When he was playing solo he did an acoustic set that just blew us away. Ya, he's one of those players that make you want to go home and chop up your guitar into little pieces. :lol While at the same time inspiring you to get your ass in gear and play better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yhy9EeyUI

Seen Steve probably 15 times. met him once and he gave me a pick at another show. I will say he is the ultimate professional. Never talks bad about anyone and just loves what he does. I Saw him play live with John Mclaughlin ,Paco, and Al dimeola and they all took turns soloing at the end and I must say he beat them all! I will say Guthrie is better but so far his library of music is still not up there with Steves! We will see. Both incredible players and very professional. Keep in mind Steve was a ground breaker in incredible guitar Guthrie is just fine tuning it! Saw Steve Howe last nigh at Jackson rancherio in ca! Yes played the entire Going for the one ,Close To The Edge and The Yes Album! 2 and a half hours!!! These guys are in there mid sixties. They were super tight! Howe was incredible! Clap was perfect! The timing and dynamics were really off the chart! Missed Anderson and Wakeman but the new singer is good. Really a strong performance. Very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom