My Initial Fractal Experience

Chris B.

So about 2 months ago, I purchased an AX3 and was immediately in awe of how many sounds that i could get out of it. Even more interesting, is that it was very straight forward for me to get a decent sound on a custom preset even being a beginner and sticking to adjusting the basic parameters. The one issue that I had was that the pitch block's virtual capo was not usable. As the AX3 was setup with wireless in a rack, it did not make it convenient for me to lug my Digitech Whammy pedal along, so i decided to return the AX3. Fast forward 2 months and version 12.08 came out. Now I would be foolish to think that my comments alone drove this change; however, I was pleased to learn that the team at Fractal were listening to concerns. So I bit the bullet and re-purchased the AX3 and wanted to report my findings.

Pros:

Pitch block's virtual capo is capable of adequately tracking the pitch down to -4 (lowest i tested) for rehearsals and gigs
Pitch block's virtual capo appears to not require any parameter tweaks to achieve this.
For some reason, dialing back the guitar volume does not seem to affect the pitch blocks capability to track the pitch change. I have not seen this before!

Cons:

When setting up a signal extremely clean, such as an input block and output block with no amp or cab block, there is still a slight noticeable delay in the note changing pitch when above the 12th fret.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the changes, and the fact that the team at Fractal are listening to everyones issues/bugs/wishlists is extremely encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom