My initial experiences with the Seismic SAX-12M-PW 12" powered coaxial monitor

well I've been playing through this thing for the last couple of hours and I must say....I hope it doesn't fall apart on
me because for $299.00 it sounds amazingly good. Very similar to the RCF I had but without any metallic sound to it.
if his thing proves worthy and actually lasts, I will probably pick up another one so I can run in stereo.
I can't wait to get together with Jay and see what he thinks and how they compare to the Actual RCF and a CLR.
and I'm not even that much of a fan of FRFR, I still like going through a tube amp/cab better but .....this is pretty good :)

so when is this happening?

so when is this happening?

We're still working out a date/time, but it's looking like early next week.

Any chance you want to send up a NL12 for us to throw in the mix? :)
(we're going to test some regular guitar cabs as well....just for fun)

Hmmm , just called , says 2 months till restock! wonder how the passive models would be with the Matrix GT 1000???

Hmmm , just called , says 2 months till restock! wonder how the passive models would be with the Matrix GT 1000???

Oh boy.....a few days ago they told me 4 weeks. But we all know how these things go sometimes.

I may order a passive...mainly because it will be beer rag and I don't want to have the amp blow out on me.

I would 'think' that as long as their crossover network is ok, then the Matrix would be better than their cheap Class A/B amp.

We're still working out a date/time, but it's looking like early next week.

Any chance you want to send up a NL12 for us to throw in the mix? :)
(we're going to test some regular guitar cabs as well....just for fun)

Let me know when and let me see how it fits into my gig schedule.

I might take out the Rambler or my Carol Ann on a couple of dates instead of the AXE (just to mix things up) so we might be able to work something out.

Oh boy.....a few days ago they told me 4 weeks. But we all know how these things go sometimes.

I may order a passive...mainly because it will be beer rag and I don't want to have the amp blow out on me.

I would 'think' that as long as their crossover network is ok, then the Matrix would be better than their cheap Class A/B amp.

Thinking about it myself ! $400 for a pair ???? Wow!!!

Let me know when and let me see how it fits into my gig schedule.

I might take out the Rambler or my Carol Ann on a couple of dates instead of the AXE (just to mix things up) so we might be able to work something out.

Absolutely will do!

Reactions: LVC
They do not have a waiting list.

they added this which works for me:

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

I had the same experience as kmanick, glad you're enjoying them and relieved that I'm not crazy to like such a cheap speaker... Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Priced "Right" is more like it

I am sure these things are manufactured in a country where labor costs are very "cheap" like China.

Looks like these guys (being direct) are working on smaller and more reasonable margins.

I spotted the monitors being sold through resellers at $624 each (search amazon)

Priced "Right" is more like it

I am sure these things are manufactured in a country where labor costs are very "cheap" like China.

Looks like these guys (being direct) are working on smaller and more reasonable margins.

I spotted the monitors being sold through resellers at $624 each (search amazon)

Good point... Like it was commented before, the real test will be longevity. I've had mine for a couple of months and gigged/rehearsed with it a several times without problems. So got my fingers crossed it will last. If for any reason the amp craps out on me and the warranty won't cover it, I would not mind going back to a matrix or other quality poweramp and a couple of these passives.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

they added this which works for me:

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

I'm not getting this when I try to purchase, It won't let me add to cart, only wish list!!

I'm not getting this when I try to purchase, It won't let me add to cart, only wish list!!

When I saw this I did not try to add to cart. I am not at my home office but I think it was through Amazon.

Last edited:
Well, I ordered a passive wedge for my vocals.
I will be powering with a Crown XTI4000, which is a decent amp (but I don't love the sound of it when compared to other Crown non-Class D amps).
Will be using for mainly vocals, and some Axe in front of me.

I called Seismic to place my order, so I could ask about the Actives as well.
They do not have a waiting list, but they have an email alert system that let's you know when they are in stock.
They do not take orders in advance.

They were really nice people.
I let them know they may get a flurry of people inquiring from this Forum.
They were excited to hear that.

When I saw this I did not try to add to cart. I am not at my home office but I think it was through Amazon.
Ahh, ok I was on Seismic's site thought I'd pre order and get the $50 off on a pair which would have been $ 594.95 , got on the wish list , I'll try and talk them into the discount when the time comes !:)!
Having to keep yanking my right arm back with my left to keep from going ahead and pulling the trigger on a pair of passives !:)!

Ahh, ok I was on Seismic's site thought I'd pre order and get the $50 off on a pair which would have been $ 594.95 , got on the wish list , I'll try and talk them into the discount when the time comes !:)!
Having to keep yanking my right arm back with my left to keep from going ahead and pulling the trigger on a pair of passives !:)!

I hear you.
I don't know if it's because it's still holiday season....but I got a discount on the passive I ordered.
(just the info you need to push you over the edge....ha)

Back
Top Bottom