My initial experiences with the Seismic SAX-12M-PW 12" powered coaxial monitor

yes one input on the op post the link has pictures of the back of the unit. I've been out all day , just got back to playing around with this thing again, kind of gain staged it,
sounds even better now, my initial thought about this thing is that it sounds very close to the RCF NX I had, Jay is going to have to get over here with his RCF and CLR so we can A/B them.
the dispersal is a little better than the RCF but not anywhere near as good as the CLR's (from what I remember)
I just ran these with my rokit KRK8's on and my jsx (output 2) to my recto cab all together at once and it sounded great ....surround sound at a very manageable volume.
so far ...thumbs up. got 30 days to go , I'm going to play the crap out of this thing.

Last edited:
I've got the RCF and a CLR in my possession right now!

(I love friends that love to leave gear at MY house, to make room in theirs).

Reactions: LVC
ya let's hope it doesn't die on day 31 :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
so far it sounds pretty good though :)

I'm thinking maybe a passive one for my front wedge.
I already have an amp wired up for it......but that Class A/B is attractive!

The test is longevity. Please keep us posted. Happy Xitone owner. I'd love to try both the Seismic and of course, the CLR (neo or original).

The test is longevity. Please keep us posted. Happy Xitone owner. I'd love to try both the Seismic and of course, the CLR (neo or original).

Very true. This is why I'm leaning towards a passive one (assuming the amp has the highest risk of failure on a less expensive wedge).

Man I'd love to use a XiTone for my front wedge (since it's such a nice tight package)....but I have a meltdown if people were dumping beers on it.

well I've been playing through this thing for the last couple of hours and I must say....I hope it doesn't fall apart on
me because for $299.00 it sounds amazingly good. Very similar to the RCF I had but without any metallic sound to it.
if his thing proves worthy and actually lasts, I will probably pick up another one so I can run in stereo.
I can't wait to get together with Jay and see what he thinks and how they compare to the Actual RCF and a CLR.
and I'm not even that much of a fan of FRFR, I still like going through a tube amp/cab better but .....this is pretty good :)

Hmmm?? I didn't even try that I just assumed it was a 1\4 " I'll take a look in a bit

Last edited:
gave this thing a good workout with my 7 string today
so far so good, no farting out anywhere.
next up is my 5 string bass :)
I haven't used this at gig volume yet just moderate volumes. I'll crank it up on Thursday when the Mrs. is back at work :)
and see how it holds up.

gave this thing a good workout with my 7 string today
so far so good, no farting out anywhere.
next up is my 5 string bass :)
I haven't used this at gig volume yet just moderate volumes. I'll crank it up on Thursday when the Mrs. is back at work :)
and see how it holds up.

Ok we need to test this against the RCF/CLR/Etc....ASAP.

Nick, PM coming your way....let's find a day within the next week.

For any people wondering, they are sold out at the moment but expecting shipment in 4 weeks.

For any people wondering, they are sold out at the moment but expecting shipment in 4 weeks.

See ... I said this would happen.

I should have just rolled the dice and purchased the two when I had the chance.
facepalm.gif

Trust me ... waiting lists are sure to follow
smiley-vault-misc-075.gif

.. to at least give the impression of continued high demand if for nothing else :lol

Last edited:
See ... I said this would happen.

I should have just rolled the dice and purchased the two when I had the chance.
facepalm.gif

Trust me ... waiting lists are sure to follow
smiley-vault-misc-075.gif

.. to at least give the impression of continued high demand if for nothing else :lol

Nothing a quick phone call to Siesmic Audio wouldn't take care of.

Back
Top Bottom