My initial experiences with the Seismic SAX-12M-PW 12" powered coaxial monitor

I still have mine and lately have started it using it quite a bit again. I was playing with a couple of cover bands and I used my Jvm 210H
with the Axe in 4CM. Well 2 years later, the bands are both dead so back to playing in the house. I've started going FRFR again so
I can keep the volume down and experiment with tones etc. Now I mix it with my rokit 8's G2. It's quieter than when I had my CLR but still pretty good. this thing can get pretty crazy loud :)

After about six hours of running my AX8 into my powered (350 watts) Seismic "15 floor monitor, I have to say I'm impressed with the sounds I'm getting.

My goal is to feel like there is a traditional guitar amp in the room with me and that's what it sounds like. The cab sims are very audible and the tone is balanced. It can get extremely loud too... I have another one and have run them in stereo, but for now, I'm experimenting with just one and it sounds great.

I can recommend these as an effective, inexpensive FRFR speaker.

Your results may vary.

After about six hours of running my AX8 into my powered (350 watts) Seismic "15 floor monitor, I have to say I'm impressed with the sounds I'm getting.

My goal is to feel like there is a traditional guitar amp in the room with me and that's what it sounds like. The cab sims are very audible and the tone is balanced. It can get extremely loud too... I have another one and have run them in stereo, but for now, I'm experimenting with just one and it sounds great.

I can recommend these as an effective, inexpensive FRFR speaker.

Your results may vary.

Which model are you running?

Has anyone dropped a beta 12cx in one of these unpowered monitors?

I was looking at these and the grindhouse 12" monitor wedges on reverb.

I wonder how close the interior volume is to something like a xitone wedge

Has anyone dropped a beta 12cx in one of these unpowered monitors?

I was looking at these and the grindhouse 12" monitor wedges on reverb.

I wonder how close the interior volume is to something like a xitone wedge

Not sure about interior volume I know that it's ported, I don't have mine at the moment a buddie of mine has had it for a while. I need to get it back might try this weekend I can post internal dims.

FYI Something you might want to consider is the Carvin TrXn coaxial monitor wedge, the driver in that box isn't too shabby and they are blowing them out right now for there going out of business sale.

ill probably end up getting studio monitors for at home. even though more expensive than a wedge they are probably more suited to give me a better sound. Im gonna build a board around the Firebox probably. I guess if im in a bedroom and in a rented studio with backline pa system i dont really need to buy a wedge yet.

Back
Top Bottom