AFIII My humble attempt at covering Get You Back by the mythical Shawn Lane

I hesitate to throw this in the mix, what with this forum being filled to the brink with outstanding players, but here goes nothing!

Here's my recent attempt at covering this fantastic tune of Shawn's. Am very much an amateur still learning the ins and outs of the Axe-Fx III, so I'm sure this isn't really Shawn's tone. Has a fair bit of mistakes that would need to be fixed (including one fairly obvious spot where I really drop out of the pocket..), and I had to resort to an original arrangement at the end, where the quintessential "Lane-isms" really get going. I apologize beforehand for the rather sophomoric ending. Almost the entire song is played with my RG3120VV, with her sister TW brought out for the ending.

Last edited:

I hesitate to throw this in the mix, what with this forum being filled to the brink with outstanding players, but here goes nothing!

Here's my recent attempt at covering this fantastic tune of Shawn's. Am very much an amateur still learning the ins and outs of the Axe-Fx III, so I'm sure this isn't really Shawn's tone. Has a fair bit of mistakes that would need to be fixed (including one fairly obvious spot where I really drop out of the pocket..), and I had to resort to an original arrangement at the end, where the quintessential "Lane-isms" really get going. I apologize beforehand for the rather sophomoric ending. Almost the entire song is played with my RG3120VV, with her sister TW brought out for the ending.

That was awesome great job man loved it. Nothing wrong with that.:)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm perhaps a bit of a perfectionist with my playing haha

Nice playing, really well done!

What amp and cab is that?

I tried my hand at a stereo setup, so I have a CA3+ with a Marshall 4x12 impulse and a Mark IV with a straight 4x12 Mesa impulse from ML Sound Lab, panned hard R/L. I had a 4x10 Marshall impulse in there because I read Shawn was using those cabs but it was muted on the block :D

Thanks for the kind words. I'm perhaps a bit of a perfectionist with my playing haha

I tried my hand at a stereo setup, so I have a CA3+ with a Marshall 4x12 impulse and a Mark IV with a straight 4x12 Mesa impulse from ML Sound Lab, panned hard R/L. I had a 4x10 Marshall impulse in there because I read Shawn was using those cabs but it was muted on the block :D
Interesting. Post the preset if you'd like, here or on AxeChange, would love to check out out. Cool stuff.

Interesting. Post the preset if you'd like, here or on AxeChange, would love to check out out. Cool stuff.

I've attached the preset here. Probably will need some tweaking as to the balance of the amps, and I replaced the proprietary impulses I used from ML Sound Lab with similar 4x12 Mesa traditional straight impulses that sound pretty good to me also.

Attachments

• CA3 + Mk IV GYB Lane.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom