My guthrie govan/fusion lead preset

jeremypodom

I started working on this guy from the moment I got my Axe FX and it's been quite a while now. I've had to really redefine my understanding of what good tone is supposed to sound like to get it this far. It's designed to sound great through my CLR active wedge with my strat equipped with low output humbuckers. Let me know what you think!

Details for specific blocks:
Filter 1 is for a small boost leading in to the amp
Filter 2 is a small boost at the end of the chain
The amp block x/y setting goes from OD to clean on the edge of breakup. Hitting a note hard or multiple strings at a time will get some sweet overdrive on the clean side and if you turn on filter 1 you actually can use that tone for timmons-like things (works wonderfully for his song resolution)
Graphic EQ1 is to brighten up the tone a little, works well for lower volume playing or if you just want it to cut a little more
Graphic EQ2 darkens things, I put it there just in case but have never actually used it
All the reverbs and delays have x/y settings. If you change them from their default you'll get longer fade times.
Delay 1 is quarter and Delay 2 is dotted eighth. Fairly standard setup.

View attachment Fusion Lead.syx

Opinions would be excellent. Also, when sharing a preset that doesn't use a factory cab, does it not go over or does the cab become included with the preset file?

Thanks for sharing, wanted to give it a try, but you didn't say which cab you have in user slot 4 ?

I don't currently have my axe fx handy to check honestly. Did the cab not go over correctly? I'm unfamiliar with sharing.

Been working on his tones since I got my Axe also, cant wait to give this a try.
I must say that recreating his Guyatone WR has had to be one of my greatest achievments. Govan Rocks!

For anyone having trouble with the cabs, I used the Ownhammer Bogner studio pro dirty 3 (I think) and the 4x12 basket weave (I think) in a stereo cab block. May be wrong, I'll have to check later.

Back
Top Bottom