My guitar solo[YouTube video] for #Solocontest2016- MLSOUNDLAB UPCOMING 2X12 CAB-PACK

Congrats Amin! You definitely blew those judges away based on their comments!!

Last edited:
Hey man, awesome playing and congrats!

Just a heads up, since I'm also active on other guitar related discussion pages, there is apparently some controversy regarding your entry.

People are speculating that the video is sped up or that it was prerecorded, heavily edited and that you are simply pretending to play.

This guy is calling it a fake...

He's a bit of an idiot.
For the record, it's definitely riff built. I don't think there's any argument there. But does that make it fake or any less impressive? Absolutely not. It's an editing technique that achieves a dynamic effect, and I personally see no issue with it.

People thought Jason Richardson's solos were fake too just because he plays so cleanly.

He also clearly doesn't understand how the riff building technique is done, you don't actually "speed up" the audio, and he's definitely not using midi. He should do some research before passing judgement.
I've never heard the term "riff building" before in regard to recording something like this, and can't find any info on it. What exactly does that mean?

I've never heard the term "riff building" before in regard to recording something like this, and can't find any info on it. What exactly does that mean?
Essentially you're taking note by note segments of a riff and snapping them to grid points in a DAW. Basically you'd play every note of the scale you want and then cut then at the start and end of each note and snap them to let's say 32nd note lines on your grid. That achieves not only perfect time but also that crazy staccato feel that you're hearing.

DEAR ‪#‎HATERS‬ AND ‪#‎JEALOUS‬ PEOPLE ! YOU COULD MAY BE TAKE MY PRIZE BUT YOU CAN NOT TAKE MY MUSICALITY MY SKILLS MY SOUL MY SPIRIT AND MY BRAIN WHICH I LOVE TO FLOW INTO THE MUSIC,
thank you for your time and watching my video I'm happy that you're there,

Just a few words about ‪#‎Solocontest2016‬ and my situation where I came to second place by Jury panel
First of all I would like to appreciate from ‪#‎mayones‬ ‪#‎mesaboogie‬‪#‎bareknuckle‬ ‪#‎gruvgear‬ ‪#‎toontrack‬ and well known musicians
‪#‎DevinTownsend‬ ‪#‎BartHennephof‬ ‪#‎RuudJolie‬ and the jury musicians who voted, commented and pointed to my guitar solo :
‪#‎JohnBrowne‬ ‪#‎LukeHoskin‬ ‪#‎TomSearle‬ ‪#‎AcleKahney‬ ‪#‎TimoSomers‬ for giving me this golden opportunity to show my music ''skills'' and ''musicality'' to the whole world

I attended in this contest with obeying all the terms and conditions, and after the all juries companies ''watched'' ''voted'' and ''accepted'' me to come to the'' top 23'' and then to the ''top 10'' and at the end come to the ''top 5'' and ''Second Place''
after talking spending a lot time with the involved contest guys and sending my original video which I recorded by Iphone they said they're much more convinced but then they asked me to play it again live with metronome and without backing track I played that after 2 months in a less than a hours with being in a bad mood spirituality at that moment, just to send them to make sure that this is me, NOT MIDI NOT FASTING THE VIDEO NOT WHATEVER
but they changed their decisions about me coming to the second place, they asked me something which no-one did that but I respect to the juries and did what they want, with considering that, I did everything right from the day one that's the main reason they chose me come to the second place, but the fact is that they changed their decisions based on jealous haters people who think my guitar solo is MIDI, fasting the video, half speed or what not
with full respect I want them to share the both videos that I sent them.

this contest was based on the juries panel not people who creating the campaign against the entries to change the juries vote. the BIG question is WHY THEY DIDNT STAY IN THEIR VOTES AND OTHER MUSICIANS ?
WHAT DOES THEIR VOTES MEANS ?
ISN'T IT A BIG DISRESPECTFUL TO THE JURIES OPINIONS ?

the last thing I told them a lot in my emails please give my prize to the charity I don't want that anymore but don't ANNOUNCE ME as a disqualify entry THIS IS NOT REALLY FAIR !!! THIS IS NOT TRUE

They changed the truth but IT'S A HARD EVIDENCE for my real place :

Last edited:
DEAR ‪#‎HATERS‬ AND ‪#‎JEALOUS‬ PEOPLE ! YOU COULD MAY BE TAKE MY PRIZE BUT YOU CAN NOT TAKE MY MUSICALITY MY SKILLS MY SOUL MY SPIRIT AND MY BRAIN WHICH I LOVE TO FLOW INTO THE MUSIC,
thank you for your time and watching my video I'm happy that you're there,

Just a few words about ‪#‎Solocontest2016‬ and my situation where I came to second place by Jury panel
First of all I would like to appreciate from ‪#‎mayones‬ ‪#‎mesaboogie‬‪#‎bareknuckle‬ ‪#‎gruvgear‬ ‪#‎toontrack‬ and well known musicians
‪#‎DevinTownsend‬ ‪#‎BartHennephof‬ ‪#‎RuudJolie‬ and the jury musicians who voted, commented and pointed to my guitar solo :
‪#‎JohnBrowne‬ ‪#‎LukeHoskin‬ ‪#‎TomSearle‬ ‪#‎AcleKahney‬ ‪#‎TimoSomers‬ for giving me this golden opportunity to show my music ''skills'' and ''musicality'' to the whole world

I attended in this contest with obeying all the terms and conditions, and after the all juries companies ''watched'' ''voted'' and ''accepted'' me to come to the'' top 23'' and then to the ''top 10'' and at the end come to the ''top 5'' and ''Second Place''
after talking spending a lot time with the involved contest guys and sending my original video which I recorded by Iphone they said they're much more convinced but then they asked me to play it again live with metronome and without backing track I played that after 2 months in a less than a hours with being in a bad mood spirituality at that moment, just to send them to make sure that this is me, NOT MIDI NOT FASTING THE VIDEO NOT WHATEVER
but they changed their decisions about me coming to the second place, they asked me something which no-one did that but I respect to the juries and did what they want, with considering that, I did everything right from the day one that's the main reason they chose me come to the second place, but the fact is that they changed their decisions based on jealous haters people who think my guitar solo is MIDI, fasting the video, half speed or what not
with full respect I want them to share the both videos that I sent them.

this contest was based on the juries panel not people who creating the campaign against the entries to change the juries vote. the BIG question is WHY THEY DIDNT STAY IN THEIR VOTES AND OTHER MUSICIANS ?
WHAT DOES THEIR VOTES MEANS ?
ISN'T IT A BIG DISRESPECTFUL TO THE JURIES OPINIONS ?

the last thing I told them a lot in my emails please give my prize to the charity I don't want that anymore but don't ANNOUNCE ME as a disqualify entry THIS IS NOT REALLY FAIR !!! THIS IS NOT TRUE

They changed the truth but IT'S A HARD EVIDENCE for my real place :

If you want to give evidence then upload the video with the metronome u supposedly gave the contest organisers. U are a disgrace to dedicated guitar players.

This doesn't seem to be an accurate statement, based on the message on http://guitar.solocontest.com.

Please cool down, guys. This isn't the forum to fight your batlle, and it doesn't seem that an agreement is in sight.

Well, to be honest, I interpreted the "message" they wrote on the page as "The guy cheated, we know, so we are disqualifying him, but we are going to say that in a much more easygoing way".

But I don't get why almost everybody thought this was his own problem, saying stupid stuff like "die" or "burn in hell" or that kind of things.
He faked it? Ok, cool, he got disqualified. You can talk and write about it, but keep hatred comment to yourself.
He didn't fake it? Ok, cool, prove it.

Just because You are behind a PC, doesn't mean You can act like a 11 Yrs old Kid (Unless You are in fact, a 11 Yrs old kid).

Darn, I was hoping to still get the tabs for that solo. There are some great licks in that solo. I don't know how you could fake something like that.

Back
Top Bottom