My gig at the House of Blues with my Fractal gear

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Had an amazing show over the weekend at the House of Blues Houston. I play in an Ozzy Osbourne tribute band called OZZ and this was our 3rd gig there in the last year but the first with my Fractal gear. The last 2 shows there I've run 2 5153 halfstacks in stereo with a G-System. This time around I ran direct using the AX8 and ran Out 2 to a Matrix power amp and my EVH 4x12 cab for a little amp/ cab feel onstage. You can see the green screen of my Axe-Fx XL glowing in the rack case on top of my 4x12 cab as my backup just in case of an emergency. The AX8 sounded great. I got lots of compliments on my sound. Several of my fellow EVH 5153 friends and users who are tube amp purist we're blown away when I told them I was running direct to FOH with the AX8. They are now Fractal believers. I had pro video being shot from the soundbooth with a direct feed from board into the camera. I'll post some once I get it. In the mean time here is some cell phone video of the opening song from up in the balcony so you can check out how the AX8 sounded and a few pics from the show. Thank you FAS for an amazing unit
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Incredible!! I noticed you even have Randy, Jake, and Zakk's guitars represented!
LOL! Thanks for noticing. Not everybody does. I try to play the right song on the right guitar. It's not always possible cause of the way we organize the set list some times but I do try. I have an SG I could play for the Sabbath stuff but I'm trying scale down what I bring to shows and 3 guitars is enough. LOL!

Awesome guitar sound from the phone vid. What amp and cab(s) were you running on that song?
The EVH 5153 Blue 100 watt amp block with a BB Pre drive block in front. Cab block is the EVH 5153 cab. EQ is set exactly like my real EVH amp. Cliff nailed it.

Incredibly tight performances. It really felt like a bootleg performance from the RR era with the tasteful wah and squeals at the appropriate places with a crushing rhythm section pounding away. The vocalist was spot on with the phrasing and even the mannerisms.

Really, bravo!!!

Back
Top Bottom