My Friedman stereo asm rig

Awesome, a fellow forum member who also maintains a stereo Friedman rig alongside a traditional one. Here are my ASM-12's alongside my Tone King Sky King and pedalboard.

So, you can verify that the double ASM-12's can hang with the rig you have behind it? That's pretty impressive!

You guys are not helping me refrain from moving toward a second ASM!! :)

JVM is a great amp as well! I think the JVM is one of the best amps Marshall built. When I had mine the only thing I wished it had was an external bias pot but tone-wise, sounded great!

It's an investment in your tone. As a musician, you have no choice but to make it happen. I can tell you that two ASM's sound big and epic. I was doing a little test last night, loading up a Fender Twin model with some Ultrares IRs and doing a comparison between the Sky King and the Friedmans. Different tones, obviously, but I just wanted to see how the well the Friedmans could do vintage Fender tones compared to a real boutique amp that's geared toward that. I still liked the Sky King better, but the Friedmans were *much* closer than the Atomic Reactor FRFRs that they replaced.

Right now, the AxeFX plus Friedmans basically is my Marshall-type amp. I have vintage Fender tones through my traditional rig and everything else through the AxeFX. Covers a huge amount of territory.

JVM is a great amp as well! I think the JVM is one of the best amps Marshall built. When I had mine the only thing I wished it had was an external bias pot but tone-wise, sounded great!

Everything about the human design is stereo, you have a left and a right arm, leg, eye ear hell you even have a left and right nutt or ovary for the gals, why not have a left and right speakers to monitor with? It's all about you when you are playing indulge yourself and stop acting like you are stuck with a mono guitar amp :D.

Last edited:
I figure you only live once. Why not utilize the full potential of the AxeFX? It has stereo outputs just begging to be used.

Everything about the human design is stereo, you have a left and a right arm, leg, eye ear hell you even have a left and right nutt or ovary for the gals, why not have a left and right speakers to monitor with? It's all about you when you are playing indulge yourself and stop acting like you are stuck with a mono guitar amp :D.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Amen brother - AMEN!!

I'm not sure what it is about the Friedmans, but it seems that with 2 the AxeFX stereo effects seem to "pop" more. The stereo effects just seem more noticeable and pleasing. Much more than with my monitors or Atomics.

It sucks that they're so expensive for our Aussie friends. That's quite a price hike you guys have to deal with.

I'm not sure what it is about the Friedmans, but it seems that with 2 the AxeFX stereo effects seem to "pop" more. The stereo effects just seem more noticeable and pleasing. Much more than with my monitors or Atomics.

It sucks that they're so expensive for our Aussie friends. That's quite a price hike you guys have to deal with.

Very well said Benny boy.. check this out.. and it's our only Friedman dealer in Australia!! Check out what we pay for Friedman gear.. take note, the new Butterslax is nearly $6k!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://deluxeguitars.com.au/amplifiers/friedman-amplification.html

Check out what we pay for Friedman gear.. take note, the new Butterslax is nearly $6k!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://deluxeguitars.com.au/amplifiers/friedman-amplification.html

That is definitely an upcharge you pay. To be fair, anything Friedman makes is a modern classic, in my view. The BE-100 and the Dirty Shirley are some of the best Marshall-type amps I've ever played. Is the price hike because the government slaps a big tariff on import gear?

I just noticed that the Tone King Sky King I paid $3000 US for last year is $5195 down there. http://www.bettermusic.com.au/tone-king-sky-king-1-x-12-35w-combo

We suffer for our art and passion, apparently.

Id buy a second ASM if i didnt have to carry it. We gig sometimes 3 times a week and carrying that thing, my rack, my board, my backpack for cables, and 2 guitars is getting real old. I also havent figured out a good spot to put my rack seeing as the ASM's are coated in butter.

Hi guys, I am planning to buy a second Friedman ASM-12 or maybe ASC-12 to stack the one on another.. The reason for that is I do not want to push single monitor that much, it is now cranked all the way before clipping occurs while using very heavy palm muting. I have read somewhere on forum that you have to put those two monitors in reasonable distance between each other to not get a feedback. As we don´t have enough space in rehearsal room, I have to really stack them.. Do you think I will get a feedback in this scenario ?.. sorry for my english and thanks in advance.. rock on /,,/ EDIT : I mean feedback of 2 monitors being to close to each other.

Back
Top Bottom