My Fractal-versary

richb

Inspired
This is my annual “Fractal-Versary” post. I was on the ORIGINAL Ultra wait list in 2007 and I haven’t used any other amp or effect since. Today I’m using the AX8 and I still love it. Thank You, to the entire FAS community for all the great info., posts and inspiration. And of course, Thank You to Cliff and the entire FAS team!

Nice! I first got into Fractal gear with the Ultra as well in 2009 along with an MFC-101. Since then I've had the AFX-II rack, an AX8, and now an FM3 and FC6 combination. I've not purchased another piece of gear, aside from guitars, since that time. Fractal is the gift that keeps on giving, year after year.

I had one of the very first Ultras and loved it but it fueled the fire for amps so I ended up going through at least 35 amps. It was a necessary growing period for me as I really learned what I love and don't love, which led me back to Fractal with a new appreciation. With the FM3, most of my amps are now gone. The only ones that are still here are a bass and acoustic amp.

I think I'm finally ready for a Fractal tattoo. :)

I think I got mine around June 6, 2007 and been gigging full time on Fractal ever since. It's the ultimate combo of tone, variety, convenience and consistency. Currently on Axe-Fx II and holding out for another 2-space Fractal product. One can hope.

Last edited:
In 2015 got my first FAS device it was a AX8, had it all the way until a week before my FM3 arrived last May, sold it immediately on reverb for a little under $1K... Best piece of gear I have ever purchased with the exception of my guitars...

Back
Top Bottom