My FM9 Turbo is switching to View 2 on its own

dsimms

Inspired
During a recent gig, my new FM9 Turbo switched to View 2 on it's own after sitting on the same preset (usually the factory Super Reverb) for 10 - 20 minutes. It still kept the preset active so I was able to continue playing until the song ended, when I could restart it. This repeated five or six times before stabilizing where I could finish the gig. I could have tapped the top left footswitch (<< View 1) to go back to View 1, but wanted to restart since this seemed buggy. I was able to replicate this at home yesterday after leaving it set on the Super Reverb patch for several hours.

The unit is pretty much factory default - I haven't done much more with it than move some of my favorite presets to the top. All of my presets used were factory and below 70% CPU. I know there's a footswitch function and onboard menu option to bring up View 2 intentionally, but this happened without me touching anything. I'll be contacting support soon if this isn't a known issue.

layout views.png

This is the 1st I've ever heard of this happening. Check FM9-Edit and be sure all of your layouts read View 1 (on the left side of FM9-Edit view screen) and if possible, save them with FM9-Edit before exiting or performing additional editing. Unless something is amiss with the OS, you may need to contact FAS Support for additional help. This issue intrigues me, but might be something only FAS can help you with...

thats happened to me multiple times. Im not sure if theres some sort of footswitch combo to get to the next view, but i usually just have to bend down and toggle back.

@dsimms,
Check within FC Edit > Devices > View that your default view is 1, not 2. Setting this parameter should allow the View to default to View 1 each time, and stay there. Unless something is internally switching your View (a bug), it might be this...

@dsimms,
Check within FC Edit > Devices > View that your default view is 1, not 2. Setting this parameter should allow the View to default to View 1 each time, and stay there. Unless something is internally switching your View (a bug), it might be this...
it happens during a performance. Randomly i would notice when i look down that it switched to view 2. But i have no switches set for view 2. I know there was a combo of the last two switches you could get to the master layout, i turned that off.

Mine switches to Layout 2 (occasionally) when hitting button 5 or 6. It might happen once per practice, or once per show. So not really a disaster. I also have not observed it to switch totally by itself.

it happens during a performance. Randomly i would notice when i look down that it switched to view 2. But i have no switches set for view 2. I know there was a combo of the last two switches you could get to the master layout, i turned that off.

Mine switches to Layout 2 (occasionally) when hitting button 5 or 6. It might happen once per practice, or once per show. So not really a disaster. I also have not observed it to switch totally by itself.
There was one occasion where my FM9 button #3 was non-functional. A reboot solved the problem, but it was temporarily unnerving during practice that it occurred at all.

Not sure what to tell you regards the view switch. Likely an FAS Support ticket question. Have either of you checked my response to @dsimms regards FM9-Edit / FC-Edit / Devices / View?

It could also be the D knob not working properly or maybe stuck in an in-between position, since its function is changing views in the home screen.

Back
Top Bottom