My FM3 rig (+ presets)

Yes 'n yes again. The 2x12 are a great middle ground between 1x12 and 4x12, with a little more beef without the fat.

In real life I avoided cabinets with more than 1x12, probably because I'm lazy and shun overpowering volume, so having these cabs is a nice change.

FM3 + FC-6 will fit in one M80-PB1 9 (no room left for other stuff).

FM3 + FC-6 will fit in one M80-PB2, with room left for exp.pedal etc.

FM3 + FC-6 will fit in The Kontroller, with room left for exp.pedal but not much more.

Reactions: JD_
My main preset uses the Deluxe Verb and Ecstasy amp models. I use a number of duplicate presets featuring other amp models, where the 4 amp channels go from clean to mean.

Last edited:
Made some changes.

The dual switch is gone. I'm now using a 2nd exp.pedal (EV-5) to control the output volume, and for solo boosts.
I replaced the large Mission pedal with a smaller Dunlop Mini pedal.

The three FM3 switches still change AMP channels, with switch 3 toggling between channel C and D.

Switch 1 HOLD changes the FC-6 to a Presets layout (4 presets with Bank Up/Down).
Switch 2 HOLD changes the FC-6 to a Scenes layout (6 scenes).
Switch 3 HOLD engages the Tuner.

IMG_3086.jpeg

I applied a trick to the Presets and Scenes layouts...

Tapping a preset/scene switch will select a preset/scene and return the FC-6 to the previous Effects layout.
Holding a preset/scene switch will select a preset/scene but NOT switch layouts (staying in the Presets or Scenes layout). Similar to the "sticky" feature of the AX8 and FX8.

My clean sound is now the Two-Stone model. Still using the Ecstasy for dirty sounds.

I created a new custom IR mix which I love with everything, from clean to high gain, and which also sounds excellent through floor monitors.

I have a range of presets using other favorite amp models, using exactly the same grid each time, plus one for my acoustic guitars. Attached, with my FM3/FC layouts. Make sure to select a cab in the Cab block.

Attachments

• all-layouts_20210922_225111.fclayout
    84.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Yeks_FM3_presets.zip
    115.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Received my Mission Expressionator (top device in the pic).

Avoids having to use dedicated expression pedals for the various devices I use.

Ain't cheap, but it's a pretty cool and smart device. Simple to configure and operate too.

IMG_3077.jpeg

Received my Mission Expressionator (top device in the pic).

Avoids having to use dedicated expression pedals for the various devices I use.

Ain't cheap, but it's a pretty cool and smart device. Simple to configure and operate too.

View attachment 88256
Question, if you're using (f ex) Exp A as a volume and it's set at 60% then switch to B what happens to the volume, does it stay at 60%? And what happens when you go back to A, does it stay at 60% until the pedal returns to the point?

It works that way, but that's not practical at all because the pedal position won't be in sync with the value.

BTW, you don't need an Expressionator for that behavior, you can do all that in the Fractal box.

Layouts attached.

I just switched to @York Audio 's 2x12 Zilla library, because it has V30s and H75s, just like my real cabinet. Also, I tend to like 2x12s better than 4x12s.

EDIT: attachment deleted.
I'm a big fan of your preset AND I've had the 2x12 Zilla IRs from York Audio for about a year and really, really dig them. Do you have a favorite mix?

It works that way, but that's not practical at all because the pedal position won't be in sync with the value.

BTW, you don't need an Expressionator for that behavior, you can do all that in the Fractal box.
Yes, I currently use one expression pedal for wah/formant/delay mix and a 2nd exclusively for volume

You can use whatever cab you want, either a factory cab of your choice or an external cab (IR) you have.

I’ve switched IRs in the meantime though. I’m now heavily fond of a custom mix of Rumble IRs from Buddy’s Boutique Pack (FAS). You can get close mixing the factory 4x12 Rumble cabs to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom