My FM3 presets

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I have a range of presets with exactly the same grid and the same IR, each featuring a favorite amp model of mine, going from clean to mean.

Presets attached. I use a custom IR so make sure to select a cab in the Cab block.

There's no reverb block in the presets, I use an outboard pedal (Hall of Fame 2).

My FM3/FC-6 layouts are also attached.

Attachments

• all-layouts_Yek.fclayout
    84.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Yeks_FM3_presets.zip
    111.2 KB · Views: 215
Presets attached. I use a custom IR so make sure to select a cab in the Cab block.
This caught me out couldnt work out why theres no sound ;) - should be in bold. What sort of cab/speaker was your custom IR? Many thanks!

Custom mix of 4x12 Rumble IRs. Bold, transparent, clean to high gain, sounds as nice through studio monitors as it does through floor monitors. Needs IRs from Buddy’s Boutique Pack but you can get close with the factory ones.

I am working through a few of these and really like them this community is really amazing.
I am still new to the fractal world and I am trying to figure out what cabs match with what amp.
I also saw in one of Leon (i think it was his) videos that there is a speaker setting in both the amp block and then of course the cab block.
I guess since I do not have the 4x12 that @yek used should I change the amp block speaker? If so how do I know what to use, some are obvious others not so much (wrecker liverpool for instance)

I am working through a few of these and really like them this community is really amazing.
I am still new to the fractal world and I am trying to figure out what cabs match with what amp.
I also saw in one of Leon (i think it was his) videos that there is a speaker setting in both the amp block and then of course the cab block.
I guess since I do not have the 4x12 that @yek used should I change the amp block speaker? If so how do I know what to use, some are obvious others not so much (wrecker liverpool for instance)

There are two things:

• finding the right cab for the amp type (Cab block)
  • and selecting the correct speaker impedance curve to got with that (Amp block).

You'll notice that the speaker impedance curve in the Amp block in all these presets is set to 4x12 Rumble.
That's because I use the same IR in the Cab block in all of these presets.
Many users select a different IR (cab) for each amp type, I do not.

My current custom mix of 4x12 Rumble IRs works fantastic (for me), because it lets the characteristics of each amp shine through. I'm not longer using the mixed Zilla IRs.

There are two things:

• and selecting the correct speaker impedance curve to got with that (Amp block).

You'll notice that the speaker impedance curve in the Amp block in all these presets is set to 4x12 Rumble.

My current custom mix of 4x12 Rumble IRs works fantastic (for me), because it lets the characteristics of each amp shine through. I'm not longer using the mixed Zilla IRs.

First, I REALLY hope I did not sound unappreciative, it is people like you and of course many many more that has made my switch from kemper to fractal less scary. I looked through the amp cab blocks and saw that the recommended (from your guides!) cabinets speaker impedance curves matched pretty well to each other, the G12H75 and H55 curves are close to each other. So I picked the H55 and went with a G12H30/Greenback cab for the blankenship and it seemed to sound good.

Again total newbie here, which are the Rumble IRs? I searched Buddy's botique and found this was in there,
  • 4x12 Rumble - Based on Cliff Chases personal Dumble 4X12 closed back cab with EVL-12/EV-S speakers in an X-pattern.
Is that the one you use the most?

Thank you again for your tireless help.

Again total newbie here, which are the Rumble IRs? I searched Buddy's botique and found this was in there,
  • 4x12 Rumble - Based on Cliff Chases personal Dumble 4X12 closed back cab with EVL-12/EV-S speakers in an X-pattern.
Is that the one you use the most?

Thank you again for your tireless help.

Yep!

Yek, I have been messing with the speaker impedance a lot and I have noticed some things about it that you may be able to explain. I understand what impedance is as I'm an electrician and I teach AC theory so if your answer is technical I can probably follow along. My thoughts and observations are about the euro curve vs the Mesa OS curve as a reference. I will pick a York audio pack to match the curve and give it a listen. I then reference that to the neural nolly plugin with the same impulse in and give it a listen. What I notice switching back and forth between the fractal and the plugin is the "mids". When I use the euro curve it has the more scooped mid sound like the plugin compared to the mesa OS where it seems to be much more mid focused. When I use the Mesa curve I will go into the amp block and lower the speaker impedance knob in the preamp section and that will give a more mid scooped sound. My thoughts on the change in mid sound is that the impedance at which the IR was shot is different, say 8 ohms vs 16 ohms or the way the amp was modelled with the impedance selection found on a lot of amps were set to 8 ohms or 16 ohms. Do you have any insight into this?

Custom mix of 4x12 Rumble IRs. Bold, transparent, clean to high gain, sounds as nice through studio monitors as it does through floor monitors. Needs IRs from Buddy’s Boutique Pack but you can get close with the factory ones.
It says on the product page that the Rumble presets were made by Fractal, not in Texas like the others. So what makes them better than the factory Rumble presets? BTW, I really like these presets,

I have a range of presets with exactly the same grid and the same IR, each featuring a favorite amp model of mine, going from clean to mean.

There's no reverb block in the presets, I use an outboard pedal (Hall of Fame 2).

My FM3/FC-6 layouts are also attached.
Hi Yek,
I've just bought an AX8. Do you know is there is a library of sounds available for it?
Thanks
F1mb

There are two things:

Me too use the same ir.. My amp is the slo and i bought a third part ir for the matched 4x12 soldano.. So my question is... The speaker impedance should not be already right if is associated with the same cab?

Back
Top Bottom