My first Video of the Axe-FX 2

Hey Scott ,
Sounds freaking great man .I love the Friedman and Vox they are stars of the show so far for me but it all sounds great

Great video Scott! Thanks for the effort!
Especially since it's a breath of fresh air, after the heavy atmosphere of the last weeks...fiuuuu...
Love your Vox and Twin patches, and I really like the JCM800 mod. Can you please tell me if that sort of low end saturation is basically the "saturation" switch in the advanced settings of the amp? I love these kind of Uberschall "roar"

I got to audition the Axe II at Tone Merchants this afternoon.... I have an ultra with a straight powered cabinet, I agree with Scott's thoughts on the Axe II the bass seems tighter and there seems to be much more clairity to the new unit..... I was able to hear the new Axe through 2 Atomic powered wedges and a very cool Atomic Stereo 50/50 amplifier out of 2, 4X12 Cabinets. Both Setups sounded great.
Tone Merchants stated that they had 50 preorders and are not taking any more pre orders until they fill some of thisr current orders. I am looking forward for my oppertunity to purchase a new Axe II when my time comes. Cliff Did a great job with the Axe II !!!!

Scott

Yes, best tones you have gotten from the axe, Scott. Not that previous sounds were bad but the Axe II truly is more organic. While great sounds can be had from axe I, you do have to carefully manipulate the lows and especially the highs but the axe II sounds right in both areas. In defining organic I mean there is more variation of the tone as the pick attack/signal strength is varied - not like a tube amp but like a really nice tube amp. I believe we are on the verge of truly making even the finest tube amps obsolete. Of course the real test is to listen to an axe II live, which I hope to do...as soon as I redo the wifes kitchen cabinets. Well, if only the axe II could, ...uh...cook. Excellent job and thanks for all that you have done (that goes for the others, too).

Oh by the way, what's with your voice? : )

Great stuff, Scott, as always. Every one of your "here's what I do" posts has taught me something, and this one is no exception. Thanks for going through all that work!

Where's that "goofy voice" you talked about? The voiceover has been hijacked by some dude with a normal voice.

Scott I've not heard that Counting Crows song for ages. You made me drag the album out and give a listen, I'd forgotten how good this one was. Still think that this album has got one of the best sounding drum kits ever!
The tone from that AC30 is just amazing thank you so much for posting this and kudos for playing a CC tune.

Thank you, Scott! It's posts like this that keep me coming back here. Great info, great tones, and great self-depreciating humor!

I had been holding off on buying the Redwirez, but I gotta have those tones! (or as close as I can get with an Ultra)

Back
Top Bottom