My first Video of the Axe-FX 2

The 'tube ring' some guys hear is just a thing my Custom 22 does; that's from the guitar. You'll hear it on the Friedman and higher gain OD amp tones more.

Nice video, Scott!... I'm slowly starting to really like the nuances of the AxeII. Still not convinced enough to give up the Ultra.

That ringing I'm hearing sounds like pickup height adjustment springs, or maybe trem springs if the bridge is a trem. If it's the trem springs, stuff something in the trem spring cavity to muffle the springs- some cotton or cloth. If it's the pickup springs- replace them with surgical tubing.

The ringing sounds like it's being picked up by the microphone rather than in the USB audio stream.

Nice Scott. Much appreciated. LOVE the Marshall tones...KEERANG!

I don't get why we don't hear the ringing all the time. Certain frequencies? Since it's direct are you going out from the interface to monitors?

And, um, it's 'Obviously' (yeah, spelling is one of those pickadillo's for me!) I'll shut up now.

Ron

Scott:

Nice overview...I especially liked the Dishwalla riff at the end.

I noticed you are in Michigan...any chance you would be open to letting a fellow Michigander come by for a demo?

Sounds fantastic! Some people like the "tube ring"? I'm not deeply familiar with a lot of different tube amps, but I've never thought "man, I wish my ultra had more ring to it". Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Great video. Great tones and your "clams" are better than a lot of peoples standard playing...

I'm quite excited about those new Min and Max parameters near the top of the modifier screen. Question: are these values identical (both in units and increment resolution) to those of the target parameter? In other words, if the Delay Time is linked to the modifier, and you adjust the Min and Max values, will the Min and Max values mirror the values you would see (in increment resolution as well as units) if you adjusted the Delay Time itself?

Great video Scott. You sound even cooler than you post :) The II sounds great as well.

FWIW, my guitars ring unless I stuff foam in my trem springs and under the strings between the nut and the machines.

I'm quite excited about those new Min and Max parameters near the top of the modifier screen. Question: are these values identical (both in units and increment resolution) to those of the target parameter? In other words, if the Delay Time is linked to the modifier, and you adjust the Min and Max values, will the Min and Max values mirror the values you would see (in increment resolution as well as units) if you adjusted the Delay Time itself?

Yes.

If you don't know me, you get to hear my goofy voice and maybe figure out I am not as so damn serious all the time as folks seem to always assume I am. :D

THIS is the first thing I thought after hitting play. "Wow he sounds like one of the boys, people need to stop over analyzing him online".

Hammer sound! Especially the Friedman BE and the M800 blows me away. Better than in my AXE I.
It seems, to get a powerful AC/DC punch it's now much easier.

Thanks Scott.

Hey Scott, great demo! And thanks for your wah settings. I'm using the drive parameter a lot on my main lead patch now. Works great.
Larry

I have always had a hell of a lot of respect for what you do with your videos, even more now. Man, what a lot of work it is to do a simple video! I just aimed the stupid camera at the Axe 2. The cross fading between the camera mic and the playing is ridiculously clumsy with Windows Movie Maker, but necessary (the camera mic utterly overloaded into absolute chaos and bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt every time I played). (Somebody buy me a Mac!) :D

To be honest: it is easier with a Mac. :) iMovie is way more intuitive. Even getting your videos in to it is easier.

The ringing sounds like it's being picked up by the microphone rather than in the USB audio stream.

I swear, the guitar is 100% direct. The PRS is a 96 and has fret issues/wear/high spots; it is a fixed bridge and I have it setup with TonePros locking studs. Notice it only happens on certain chords and such. Could be the pickup springs; never thought of that. It does it all the time; the Melancons and my other guitars do not. Guess I will do my next video/clip with the Melancon! :D

Nice video, Scott!... I'm slowly starting to really like the nuances of the AxeII. Still not convinced enough to give up the Ultra.

That ringing I'm hearing sounds like pickup height adjustment springs, or maybe trem springs if the bridge is a trem. If it's the trem springs, stuff something in the trem spring cavity to muffle the springs- some cotton or cloth. If it's the pickup springs- replace them with surgical tubing.

I always have put foam on my trem springs; but this guitar is a stoptail.

Nice Scott. Much appreciated. LOVE the Marshall tones...KEERANG!

I don't get why we don't hear the ringing all the time. Certain frequencies? Since it's direct are you going out from the interface to monitors?

And, um, it's 'Obviously' (yeah, spelling is one of those pickadillo's for me!) I'll shut up now.

Ron

No spell check in the Windows Movie maker... so that puts me in trouble (I can't spell at all - depend on spell check!!!).

Hey Scott, great demo! And thanks for your wah settings. I'm using the drive parameter a lot on my main lead patch now. Works great.
Larry

Wow - how cool is that??!!! Larry, I have been a fan for a long time; and it's cool to be able to talk to you. Somethings about the Internet can be very cool; this is one of them.

The guitars sounded pretty good but your voice sounded digital.

LOL. I just did a spit take reading that. :D

Great first Axe-fx 2 video... much better than any other Axe-fx 2 video out there... would you mind putting a video together showing some of the menu layouts and parameters of some of the amp blocks? Thanks...

P.S. You, you definitely sound nothing like your Lex Luther pic... ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom