my first steps (and obstacles) with motor drive

Thanks... I will definitely listen with an ear for this the next time I experiment with this parameter. It may explain why I wasn't hearing any difference in the tone.

Make sure you set the motor drive value high enough to see a gain reduction of at least 3 db when hitting the strings hard. If it´s less than 3 db, turn Master Volume up. If Master Volume was already at 10, turn up the input gain. At 3db gain reduction you will definitely hear the effect. If not, turn motor drive further up until you do ;-)

Make sure you set the motor drive value high enough to see a gain reduction of at least 3 db when hitting the strings hard.

Already done that... Between 3-6dB...

If it´s less than 3 db, turn Master Volume up. If Master Volume was already at 10, turn up the input gain. At 3db gain reduction you will definitely hear the effect. If not, turn motor drive further up until you do ;-)
Re-read what you wrote :)

Of course I will hear differences if I set MV to 10 and increase Input Drive... Even without Motor Drive.

And I shouldn't have to do that... Cranking the Motor Drive should get there anyway.

However, I played around more with this yesterday and I still really don't notice muchen, except the level increase when going over a certain threshold. I'll keep playing with it, though. I think I'm going to try with a very basic preset next - just Amp + Cab.

Re-read what you wrote :)

Of course I will hear differences if I set MV to 10 and increase Input Drive... Even without Motor Drive.
He means that, if you do those things, you will hear the difference between Motor Drive on and Motor Drive off. Depending on where you're using Motor Drive, its behavior is dependent on either he Amp block's level or how hard you're hitting the power amp sim.

But your right: if you're reading -3 dB on the gain meter, that's the compression you're getting.

Back
Top Bottom