My First Song with AXE FX II

WatersDeep

Inspired
Here is my first song recording with the AXE FX II which I've only had since mid July this year.

All previous recordings I've done were with a Line 6 which I am thrilled to put in the closet now. Still working to get better at recording/mixing though. I'm sure the more I play with the AXE settings the better my sound will get in my recordings.

All parts played by me, vocal, guitars, bass, drums.

I've only just stared with vocals in the last year since I'm pretty much on my own and was tired of making songs without lyrics. I have to admit, other than a couple close friends, this it the first time I've shared my music publicly. I'm an introvert living in a dark blue and black room (literally) what can I say.

Let me know what you think?

Last edited:
Come on out, it's ok. Sounds quite good to me. You've clearly got a good ear for what you're going for. It's not exactly my thing, but I dug it. If you've only been singing a year, you're doing a great job with that, too. Keep it up. Good sounds from the Axe and the other tones, too. I've heard plenty of stuff on my local "alternativeish" radio that would have me changing the station long before this.

I really appreciate the comments and Ill give the sun a try :) With so many good players around here I didn't know what to expect.

Come on out, it's ok. Sounds quite good to me. You've clearly got a good ear for what you're going for. It's not exactly my thing, but I dug it. If you've only been singing a year, you're doing a great job with that, too. Keep it up. Good sounds from the Axe and the other tones, too. I've heard plenty of stuff on my local "alternativeish" radio that would have me changing the station long before this.

This ^

Yep go on!
However it's not really my style, I like the way you compose music.

Are you using drum software or a real kit ? are you running vocals through the Axe-Fx ?
Good tune, nice tones, started off a little shaky maybe but by the end it was spot on, I can tell you will be posting a lot more on here now.
Don't worry about those lot going on about the sun it's just rain where I am.

Are you using drum software or a real kit ? are you running vocals through the Axe-Fx ?
Good tune, nice tones, started off a little shaky maybe but by the end it was spot on, I can tell you will be posting a lot more on here now.
Don't worry about those lot going on about the sun it's just rain where I am.

Vocals are direct to Presonus and then I use several plugins like EQ, tube effect, reverbs and whatnot.

For drums, I'm using Superior Drummer, however I am not using loops and am actually creating, playing it myself. Here is my makeshift DIY Kit made out of a Roland SPD-30 all hanging off one stand bypassing the built in Roland samples and connecting to the PC via USB to control SD. Pads are programmed with all toms on the bottom four, cymbals on top 4. all the external pieces from the full Roland kits via external inputs.

roland-diykit2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom