My first recording with the AXE

piazza

My very first recording with the AXE FX: http://music.hplatz.de/mp3/songs/Axetasy_DEMO.mp3

I mostly used the Euro 2 (9.0), it's amazing how close it sounds to my XTC 100B

I'm looking forward to the first gig with the AXE next week!

axebofra.jpg

Nice tones/playing and I'm glad that you think it sounds almost exactly like the real XTC since I've been GASing for that amp but can't get one here in Finland. :) I A/B'd the Recto sims with a real Recto and they sounded very close too. The Axe-Fx had less low end but that can be easily tweaked.

Wow really nice tones and great playing!
Would you mind sharing the rhythm and lead patches?

That is awesome very good tone and very good mix. I cant wait until my Ultra Arives. What else you got going on that recording? What Recording Software you use? Do you mix in the box?
I am listening with Mackie HR824's and the mix sounds perfect. What monitors you using?

Thanks for the nice feedback! To compare the 100B with the Axe, I plugged the Axe into the FX-Return of the XTC. It was amazing! Of course, the power amp adds some color as well, but I was really surprised how similar they sound.

I will post the patches next weekend, currently I'm not at home so I can't access them. The patches are basically the Ecstasy with two cabinets. The rhytm guitars are recorded 3 times - 2x bridge humbucker panned left and right, and one neck singlecoil in the middle. The guitars were recorded toally dry, during the mix I added a little delay and room.

Actually that was the 2nd mix I ever did, usually I give it to engineers who know what they are doing :) It's mixed and recorded on my MacBook. I use ProTools LE with a MBox2, and have the T-RackS3 Deluxe Mastering/Mixing Suite from IK-Multimedia. It has some nice compressors and EQs. Drums are programmed with Addictive Drums. I think that is a good setup to do some nice sounding demos.

For monitors, I just use the ones from my stereo which I'm used to for about 15 years now. Then I'm listening on my notebook, and if that is ok, I burn a CD and go the living room where I have B&W speakers. They reveal everything. But the true final test is in my car!

FRRRREEEEEAAAAAKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNN' AMAZING!

Nice work! Loved the playing and the mix was phenomenal.

Totally agree on the car as the final test for a good mix. Lots of mixes that sound good on my monitors and my headphones suck in my car. Nailing all of them requires a bit of magic.

Back
Top Bottom