My first recording Time solo by Pink Floyd

Keith White

Experienced
This is my quick version of the solo for Time by Pink Floyd. I have been playing for years and have recently got into recording (a shame it took this long) Anyways I used a guitar backing track from guitarbackingtrack.com and used the basis of the patch 2713 on axe change created by thefonz72 - great job by the way I just have to change it a bit to match my guitar. https://soundcloud.com/keith-white-46/keith-time-solo-2 Please let me know what you think.

Nicely done! :) I've recorded a few Gilmour solos since I picked up the AxeFX - good fun!

Good playing. Definitely have the passion for floyd:)

I built a decent "Time" patch and shared it on my site about a year ago. Its for an older Firmware, but I'd be curious how it sounds to you in the newest firmware:

download it here:
Tyler Grund's Axe Fx 2 Website

Here what it sounds like back then:

Thank you Tyler that sounds great. I will load it and rerecord it on Sunday. Its funny back in the early 90s I was STRICTLY a hair metal guy touring in cover hair bands and thought all other music sucked and that strats were aweful. To me guitar was Eddie Van Halen and only Eddie Van Halen. Then my girlfriend surprised me with Pink Floyd Pulse tickets to new orleans in 1994. I HATED Pink Floyd as much as I hated Led Zeppelin haha. So I pouted and tried to come up with every excuse in the book to not go but she wasnt having any of that. So we went and as soon as the show started my jaw dropped. The only Floyd I had heard was a couple off the radio. His passion, expression, feeling, aggressiveness, and taste changed everything I liked in music and became a Gilmour fanatic after that. Hearing his playing that night also opened me up to so much new music -- Old and New. Anyways I have a group of guys that are putting together a Floyd Tribute band

That makes me sad:( I was 14 when Pulse came out and still 2 years out before picking up the guitar. Never got to see either Floyd or SRV live... my two favorite bands of all time.

Good luck with your group. Floyd tribute is quite the feat. Lots of hard details...

Thank you Tyler that sounds great. I will load it and rerecord it on Sunday. Its funny back in the early 90s I was STRICTLY a hair metal guy touring in cover hair bands and thought all other music sucked and that strats were aweful. To me guitar was Eddie Van Halen and only Eddie Van Halen. Then my girlfriend surprised me with Pink Floyd Pulse tickets to new orleans in 1994. I HATED Pink Floyd as much as I hated Led Zeppelin haha. So I pouted and tried to come up with every excuse in the book to not go but she wasnt having any of that. So we went and as soon as the show started my jaw dropped. The only Floyd I had heard was a couple off the radio. His passion, expression, feeling, aggressiveness, and taste changed everything I liked in music and became a Gilmour fanatic after that. Hearing his playing that night also opened me up to so much new music -- Old and New. Anyways I have a group of guys that are putting together a Floyd Tribute band

That makes me sad:( I was 14 when Pulse came out and still 2 years out before picking up the guitar. Never got to see either Floyd or SRV live... my two favorite bands of all time.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

April 1972 I was 16. I told my parents I was tired and going to bed early. Climbed out the window, drove into the city of Chicago with some friends of mine to see my very first concert ..... Dark Side Of The Moon..... my world was forever changed! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer playing and tone.. I saw Gilmour on the "On and Island" tour in Oakland and it was unreal. On par with seeing Jeff Beck play- total command of the instrument and performance.

Back
Top Bottom