My first PRS

I already know for many, many years, that Paul Reed Smith is dedicated to build guitars with the best possible performance. They are expensive, but due to their high quality worth all the money.
Unfortunately I have in general a big problem with the styling: the heavily flamed bodies in bright colours are most of the times too glamorous for me. I prefer plain designs and when a model is available in a natural finish, then it is usually my choice.
Nevertheless I got recently interested in a McCarty 594 and started to look around. Last week I found this guitar on sale for a quite reduced price and couldn't resist. The colour is called "Quilted Black Gold Smokeburst" and still a little tiny bit too much glamour for me, but I think I can handle it. I accept, that she wants to show off a trifle, and I get rewarded with wonderful sounds and an incredible playability. The performance of the guitar is a new dimension for me.

View attachment 72057 View attachment 72058 View attachment 72059

Beautiful guitar!

I’ve have my McCarty for 15 years. Best musical purchase I ever made. I still have a few other guitars but I find that all I ever really want to play is the PRS.

Enjoy!

I've never gotten past the SE line with them. I still have my Holcomb sig, but would trade it. Great guitar, but I just don't find myself reaching for it very often. I think I just like playing the pointy guitars more.

My 3rd PRS should be showing Wednesday. I grabbed a Holcomb SVN with walnut finish and Evertune installed. My 2018 PRS Experience is far and away my favorite sounding guitar. It can do just about anything.

That 594 is beautiful, congratulations. I only have one, a Custom 24, and it’s one of the best made instruments I’ve played... but that 594 may have triggered me to get another.

Can someone explain something about PRS naming to me? What does it mean when they attach the McCarty label to a model. I noticed some models are available in both regular but also McCarty configurations.

I was in a similar boat as you and was shopping for an R9 to go with my R8. The 594 came up on my radar and figured I should try one out for varities sake, if nothing else.
I fell in love straight away. Looks and sounds incredible and I agree with all the things the reviews gush about. The clarity and definition is what jumped out at me. The colour is very different for me as well, but it leapt out at me. Probably a bit flamey for your tastes though ;)

C1B6D522-F510-43B2-9B78-F9685C4ACF26.jpeg

Ive tried to get into prs a few times but after those attempts (ce 22 and 24) i realized they werent for me. i recently got a 594 in a trade and its a whole different thing all together and it is seriously challenging my suhrs for play time. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom