My first PRS

Jirai

Inspired
I already know for many, many years, that Paul Reed Smith is dedicated to build guitars with the best possible performance. They are expensive, but due to their high quality worth all the money.
Unfortunately I have in general a big problem with the styling: the heavily flamed bodies in bright colours are most of the times too glamorous for me. I prefer plain designs and when a model is available in a natural finish, then it is usually my choice.
Nevertheless I got recently interested in a McCarty 594 and started to look around. Last week I found this guitar on sale for a quite reduced price and couldn't resist. The colour is called "Quilted Black Gold Smokeburst" and still a little tiny bit too much glamour for me, but I think I can handle it. I accept, that she wants to show off a trifle, and I get rewarded with wonderful sounds and an incredible playability. The performance of the guitar is a new dimension for me.

McCarty 1.jpg McCarty 2.jpg McCarty 3.jpg

I'm with you on the glamour thing, hard to see myself with anything that looks like that in the dive bars I used to play back in the day.

...but I'm not doing that any more, at least for now, and you have to admit, it actually is gorgeous :)

I'm sure you'll love it.

I agree about the too flashy look a lot of PRS have, and especially when you're just playing local gigs. All 3 of mine are pretty low-key. That being said, I love the Black Gold burst and yours is a beauty! Have fun ;-)

I agree about the too flashy look a lot of PRS have, and especially when you're just playing local gigs. All 3 of mine are pretty low-key. That being said, I love the Black Gold burst and yours is a beauty! Have fun ;-)
When I looked around, I saw another one in a colour called "Honey", which was also very tempting. But it carried the regular price tag while Black Gold Burst was on sale. That made the decision quite easy.

I already know for many, many years, that Paul Reed Smith is dedicated to build guitars with the best possible performance. They are expensive, but due to their high quality worth all the money.
Unfortunately I have in general a big problem with the styling: the heavily flamed bodies in bright colours are most of the times too glamorous for me. I prefer plain designs and when a model is available in a natural finish, then it is usually my choice.
Nevertheless I got recently interested in a McCarty 594 and started to look around. Last week I found this guitar on sale for a quite reduced price and couldn't resist. The colour is called "Quilted Black Gold Smokeburst" and still a little tiny bit too much glamour for me, but I think I can handle it. I accept, that she wants to show off a trifle, and I get rewarded with wonderful sounds and an incredible playability. The performance of the guitar is a new dimension for me.

View attachment 72057 View attachment 72058 View attachment 72059
Beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Mine is a bit more plain, as it's an SE Standard 24, but it's a wonderful guitar even though it was only $499.
I have done a few small wiring modifications, upgraded the bridge saddles and knobs, and I have a set of Mini Rotomatic autolocking Grovers waiting to go on....
20200901_192807.jpg

I've bought a used Hollowbody II with piezo bridge and artist package from ebay and it knocked me off my feet when I've first had it in hands and played it. So I wanted a second one and found a CE22 with solid rosewood neck. This one sounded so incredible that even our drummer (!!!) recognized it ;-)

Beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Mine is a bit more plain, as it's an SE Standard 24, but it's a wonderful guitar even though it was only $499.
I have done a few small wiring modifications, upgraded the bridge saddles and knobs, and I have a set of Mini Rotomatic autolocking Grovers waiting to go on....
20200901_192807.jpg
I guess that the strap shall make up for the plain body...

Back
Top Bottom