My first playthrough video! (Brit800/JVM & OH pre-rola warmth!)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys,

I wanted to make my YouTube videos more interesting so I've started making playthrough videos.
There are more coming soon in various genres, also ones with more lead work.
This first video does feature vocals but all the guitar and bass parts were done with my Axe FX XL+.
The crunchy bits were done with the JCM800 model and the heavier bits with the JVM Orange channel.

The OwnHammer Marshall-checkerboard 'pre-rola' IR's (M20-PR and H75-PR) really shine in this song because of the midrange warmth.

Talking about digital modeling gear, all the vocals were recorded with the new Slate Digital 'Virtual Microphone System' and it's incredible!

I hope you enjoy this song and it's video.

Great video. You make some really different and cool melody choices in your vocals. Your vocal style remind me alot of Ron Taylor from Lillian axe. If you're not familiar with them, check out their album psychoschizophrenia.
I know this wasn't really supposed to be about the vocals but just wanted to mention it. Great job!

I really like that format... complete song mix.

Would be cool to solo the individual guitars and bass for a few bars each to give some context of the actual sound vs. the mix.

Really dug the song.

Awesome video. Especially the vocals. Can you do a video comparing a vocal recorded through the VMS system and one without so we can hear the difference? I am really thinking about getting the VMS system.

Thanks.

I love your voice and melody runs dude. Awesome job as always! I've been thinking about that Slate mic as well. It's actually incredibly cheap if it really does what it says on the box, right?

Thanks for watching this video and for your comments!
I've got more playthrough videos coming very soon.

Awesome, had to listen twice, gonna have this song stuck in my brain all day! I feel like this is what the new Opeth stuff should be sounding like.

I definitely snuck some Opeth in there.
Back in 2007 when I wrote this tune I was listening to Opeth regularly.
Mix that with some good old Foo Fighters/Oasis rock and there you go!

I definitely snuck some Opeth in there.
Back in 2007 when I wrote this tune I was listening to Opeth regularly.
Mix that with some good old Foo Fighters/Oasis rock and there you go!

Hah hah, I was also hearing some Opeth influence in there as well. Nice job Guitarjon, love all of your work!

Back
Top Bottom