My first metal band recorded thru my AxeFx (aiming Gojira sound)

man that sounds absolutely fukn awesome. dark chunky huge tone. not too sharp not too muddy. perfect definition even during speed picking. i'm very impressed. what cab are you using? please tell me you are using a stock cab. maybe even post a patch?

3:00 is fukn wicked!!

Last edited:
back on thread :)
i'm very happy you liked it ! :)
@geamala : the cab used IS a stock cab :D

I will post the patch later but as far i can remember, the cab used is a simple 4x12 V30 mic'ed with R121 Cond.
Of course what makes the sound is the double take, when you'll have my patch you might find it sounds flat but it revelas when double recorded ;)

@ang : the only post-processing for guitars is a brickwall limiter

Last edited:
Very nice tone there and playing! Didn't dig the drum sound much, too pointy and not punchy enough, especially since you're going the gojira way. But MAN, those guitars are teh br00tz!!! Patch patch!!!

Also for that gojira sound, you might want to push up the mids a bit more, and probably try mixing in another cab with a u87 or something.

Very nice tone there and playing! Didn't dig the drum sound much, too pointy and not punchy enough, especially since you're going the gojira way. But MAN, those guitars are teh br00tz!!! Patch patch!!!

Also for that gojira sound, you might want to push up the mids a bit more, and probably try mixing in another cab with a u87 or something.
Hey m8, thanks for your posting, i was wondering : As the drums sound is a work in progress, could you lead me to what could make drums sound more punchy ?

Awesome! Is this your song or a Gojira cover? I'm not too familiar with their music (aside from an occasional song played on XM Liquid Metal). I thought your guitar tone was great - I'm looking forward to you sharing your patch! The drums sounded pretty good to me. I thought the snare/high hats/cymbals were a little (only a little) on the quiet side. The bass drums were plenty punchy for me - although, I was listening through a pair of studio monitors and 10" subwoofer. Great song and playing!

Back
Top Bottom