My first issue with the Axe

Sixstring

Legend!
I noticed this evening that the View meter on the board for my channel had a small amount of level showing -24db. Nothing was audible but it showed something was their. I went through all the TS checking the signal path and wound up at OP-1 on the Axe.

So with nothing plugged into the Axe input I set the IP and OP levels to zero, I get fizzy stat-icky noise from OP-1 not so much on OP-2. I'm not sure but I think the OP converters are the culprit. Can anyone confirm my suspicions based on the symptoms?

Wiki: "When nothing is connected to the front or rear inputs, there may be some hiss, that's normal".
This is based on a post by Cliff.

Wiki: "When nothing is connected to the front or rear inputs, there may be some hiss, that's normal".
This is based on a post by Cliff.

This a little different, it's more than a hiss at the noise floor with nothing hooked up. It also has a static along with it and it's pretty loud (view meter wise) given the head amp setting at the mixing board hasn't been changed.

Make sure your Input Source is set properly. Sounds like it is set to Digital.

Nothing has changed PA wise and I see the same issue on two different mixing boards and different channels. I thought the input setting on the Axe could be the problem but after going in and changing it to all three input selections front rear and digital, digital being the worst the noise was the same for the front and rear. Also I should mention that it's only coming out of one side of OP-1.

Sixstring I hope FAS will solve this for you. You probaply already send them an email and everything is taken care of. Or not?

TMO this can only be solved by FAS.

Good luck

Sixstring I hope FAS will solve this for you. You probaply already send them an email and everything is taken care of. Or not?

TMO this can only be solved by FAS.

Good luck

I haven't send support an email yet I wanted to see if the board could confirm my suspicions as to what I think it is. I'm pretty sure it's within the Axe as I have never heard it before. It's still usable it's just something that bothers me and may lead to something worse if not dealt with.

If you set COPY OUT 1 to OUT 2 does the noise happen at OUT 2?

I didn't think to try that. I will give it a try tomorrow morning, (I don't have the Axe here at home this week) I will report back tomorrow evening. I will be bringing it home with me tomorrow so I can box it up and send it in just to make sure.

i had an issue similarly which required the axe to ship back to Tech SUpport. Something to do with capacitors in certain earlier models.

I hope this problem is still solved under garantee. Hope FAS can solve this for you.

Regards

I'm an idiot :eek:ops... All my issues were all level related. I spent some time to day with a friend and found I had set the levels in the Axe to low and had the head amps to high and was getting to much of the noise floor. any way I found and solved my problem.

I'm an idiot :eek:ops... All my issues were all level related. I spent some time to day with a friend and found I had set the levels in the Axe to low and had the head amps to high and was getting to much of the noise floor. any way I found and solved my problem.

That is a relief.
Could you be more specific to help others to avoid this pithole.

Thanks

That is a relief.
Could you be more specific to help others to avoid this pithole.

Thanks

I had both the global EQ gain and the mixer level turned down to the point where I
started to amplify the noise floor of the Axe with the head amps on the mixing board set around noon.

In fact as an experiment if you or some one could give this a try and pick a preset where the level in that preset is set around the -10 range, with the OP-1 level knob at noon go into the Global EQ and turn the gain down all the way for OP-1 then go to the mixer in the layout menu and do the same. Let me know what you hear.

Back
Top Bottom