My first IR! Earcandy BuzzBomb 2x12 with Guytron Bigtone 55 speakers

Variable

Inspired
Hey all!

I was bored today so I thought I'd play around with making my very own UR IR of my Earcandy BuzzBomb 2x12 cab. It's a ported design with baltic birch sides and mahogany front and back. The speakers are two Guytron Bigtone 55s (my favorite speaker of all time). Think of this speaker as the bastard child of a V30 and an AlNiCo Blue.

The capture turned out brighter than I expected in my room. I'm no recording engineer and really approach this as a hobby, so take that for what it's worth. Here is the signal path:

Axe FX -> FX Return on my 50 watt PWE Event Horizon (EL34s set very clean) -> PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL -> Axe FX

I think it turned out pretty well for a first try considering I'm trying not to annoy my neighbors with constant "Voooooiiiiiiii" sounds from my very loud Event Horizon :)

Attachments

• BB 2x12 Guytron BT55 sm57 2in.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 49
Hey, @Variable , a necro-thanks for this.....I have a new Guytron FV 100 amp head coming soon, and plan to use it with my existing FRFR system and fractal loadbox LB-2 , but I am feeling pressure to purchase the matching 2x12 Guytron Bigtone cab..hopefully this IR may cure
My uncontrollable GAS. ......

Back
Top Bottom