1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

My first IR! Earcandy BuzzBomb 2x12 with Guytron Bigtone 55 speakers

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II User Cabs and IRs' started by Variable, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Variable

Variable
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hey all!

I was bored today so I thought I'd play around with making my very own UR IR of my Earcandy BuzzBomb 2x12 cab. It's a ported design with baltic birch sides and mahogany front and back. The speakers are two Guytron Bigtone 55s (my favorite speaker of all time). Think of this speaker as the bastard child of a V30 and an AlNiCo Blue.

The capture turned out brighter than I expected in my room. I'm no recording engineer and really approach this as a hobby, so take that for what it's worth. Here is the signal path:

Axe FX -> FX Return on my 50 watt PWE Event Horizon (EL34s set very clean) -> PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL -> Axe FX

I think it turned out pretty well for a first try considering I'm trying not to annoy my neighbors with constant "Voooooiiiiiiii" sounds from my very loud Event Horizon :)

Attached Files:

bradlake and pima1234 like this.
  2. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Hey, @Variable , a necro-thanks for this.....I have a new Guytron FV 100 amp head coming soon, and plan to use it with my existing FRFR system and fractal loadbox LB-2 , but I am feeling pressure to purchase the matching 2x12 Guytron Bigtone cab..hopefully this IR may cure
    My uncontrollable GAS. ......