My first "IR" Bogner and Two Rock various cabs.

Tonic

Inspired
Hi Axe guys.

i'm working on my own personal IR's last days.

First release will be with mainly two mics: Royer R121 and Beyer M88 for this Bogner Greenbacks 4x12, Bogner Ubercab frontloaded (V30 first), Bogner 2x12 Goldfinger (Scumback M75 first), Bogner Oversized 2x12 (V30 first), Two Rock signature cab 2x12 (TR65 and WGS65).
I think that they cover all my needs for different types of sounds.
Three IR by speaker (Closed, Normal, Far) and that's it I want to keep it simple and trying to find the sweet pot of cabs.
In a future release i'll include other mics, speakers and I hope cabs (Mesa, Marshall, Vox, ...)
It's a lot of work but I'll share them with you for free (donations are always welcome though ;))
So this is my blog with links for cabs packs:

Axe FX 2 Presets and IR

All the informations are there.

All IR's are captured with this recording chain:

- Axe fx 2
- Power amp Matrix GT1000FX
- Focusrite Liquid Channel and UAD preamps
- Evidence cables
- Mics:
- Royer R121
- Beyer M88
- Shure SM57 (future update)
- Sennheiser E609 (future update)
- Audix I5 (future update)
- Neumann KM84 (future update)
- Mojave MA-201 (future update)

All cabs have (most of time) 3 positions:

C = Closed mike
N = Normal position
F = Far position

This is a PRE RELEASE.
More cabs and Mics are coming soon ;)

Enjoy them!

Is it me or does these IRs sound real organic. Very nice man. I have not tried them, but listened to your audio samples.

Wow! I'll give these a try Awesome ! Thanks for your work and willingness to put these out here! I'm with Scott ,If any of them find a home in my user slots I'll donate!

Wow.. I missed this.

Tonic: You have to speak LOUDER, when you post like this .... Or maybe i should check this part of the forum more often ;)
Thanks. I`ll check`em and donate.. Thanks a lot.

To new/unexperienced users:

IR`s is EXTREMLY important!!! Try as many as possible. But take breaks when you do, because your ears get completly messed up with all those kind of eq changes.
I recommend the Ownhammer Packs/ir`s and Fractals IR packs.
I have not got the Fractal packs yet, because i`m working trough OH packs now. We have some of the mix versions from these packs in the AxeII and they sound killer.

This goes for both sharing of ir`s AND patches:
Please donate... or at least say thanks or hit like, so the contributers can see the someone actually care.

Last edited:
Thanks Kriig!

I'm curious to hear your playing and sounds with these IR's !
I like your playing so much !
Ownhammer and fractal IR are really great of course (even if I found ownhammer to be better in a recording situation because in a live gig I found them too scooped for my needs).

Wow, thanks for these. IR's are something I've yet to play with but I've got the feeling I'm going to have to allow for a lot of "rabbit hole" time before I sink my teeth into them (not something I have while renovating my flat! (time that is, not teeth. I've still got teeth)).

Are there any prizes for worst worded forum replies? I think I might be up there.......

Wow, thanks for these. IR's are something I've yet to play with but I've got the feeling I'm going to have to allow for a lot of "rabbit hole" time before I sink my teeth into them (not something I have while renovating my flat! (time that is, not teeth. I've still got teeth)).

Are there any prizes for worst worded forum replies? I think I might be up there.......

Ahaha :)))
I understand it took a lot of time and you could be quickly be lost.
I have made them because I prefer to play with my own well know cabs rather than trying to find a cab I like.
I like mixing these IR .
Like Green 3/ green 4 or Greenback with the Uber closed mike or the Two rock closed 121 with the Gold 121 too...
I works too with fractal or ownhammer mixing, because I find my IR"s darker and less scooped sounding so it works well like that too.
Enjoy :)

I'm stoked to give these a shot after hearing some of the sounds - yum! I downloaded the two rock and the bogner uber V30 demos. I've also bookmarked your page, and when you've got the full bogner v30 up I'll hit you up with a donation on paypal and get the rest of them. Good job, man!

Back
Top Bottom