My first go at creating a preset for AX8 - AC-20 for P&W

bwilder10h

Heck it's my first go with any Fractal product lol - I'm using a QSC K10 and very open to suggestions on how to refine the sound. Seems a little flabby at times but no expert here.

I'm very green on the editor and any tone shaping but I pulled this together using the Morgan amp and 2x12 cab. This gives me the ability to use one delay for rhythm and stack with another for some leads and using an 808, double up with the BB preamp for more grind.

Certainly open to thoughts on how to make it better and hoping more of the praise and worship crew offer presets as well.

Attachments

• BW Morgan AC-20.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 78
be more helpful if you could post a recording. many more here with the Axe II that can't open your preset but could help if we could hear the tone.

It seemed a bit bright and thin to me when I tried it last night, but I'm listening to it through a different system. Also, I'm as far away from the P&W crowd as you could possibly get :D. I'm going to try it again today. Bottom line though, if it works for you, then it's good.
-
Austin

I did boost the mids and modify the OD tone after posting last night. One of the challenges of the more in depth editor of the AX8 is it all starts sounding the same to my ears after a while lol

I did boost the mids and modify the OD tone after posting last night. One of the challenges of the more in depth editor of the AX8 is it all starts sounding the same to my ears after a while lol

Well that's why I wanted to check it again today. I had been playing awhile at that point so it's highly likely my ears were fried! :D
-
Austin

Tried this again today. I raised the master volume from 8 to 9.5 and I think the basic tone (with no drives on) is absolutely glorious! However, I'm not sure I'm hearing the preset as you designed it? When I first import the preset I get the following error twice:
Cab import error.png
The preset as I'm seeing it has cabs F030 and F016 on it. Is that correct. I'm guessing maybe you chose to export it by choosing "Export Preset-Cab Bundle...". If you were using factory cabs and you did this, maybe that's why I'm getting the error. However, in that case, I am indeed using the cabs you made the preset with.

I have a question on the delays; why did you use two separate delay blocks instead of using the Dual Delay? I'm not a delay connoisseur, so forgive me if that's a stupid question :)
-
Austin

I did indeed use factory cabs and yes, I exported the preset-cab bundle. Is there a better way?

I have two delays for stacking. One I leave on almost all the time for general rhythm and then the second is a dotted 8th that I 'stack' with delay one for some of the lead lines in all the modern worship songs. Annoying as it can be sometimes lol

I did indeed use factory cabs and yes, I exported the preset-cab bundle. Is there a better way?

I have two delays for stacking. One I leave on almost all the time for general rhythm and then the second is a dotted 8th that I 'stack' with delay one for some of the lead lines in all the modern worship songs. Annoying as it can be sometimes lol

That makes sense on the delays.

If you are exporting a preset that uses stock cabs, then you can just use the Export preset option (I believe that's what it's called; I don't have AX8Edit fired up right now). You only have to use the Preset-cab bundle option if you are using non-stock cabs. Just make sure you don't use that option if you are using non-stock cabs that you paid for.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom