My first gig with the AX8

jtaylor14

I had my first gig this past Saturday using the AX8; everything went great! I goofed up once trying to get to a patch for an impromptu song (I re-arranged patches from my Axe II to better suit the AX8; the layout differs from using my MFC and the Axe II), but all-in-all everything else was smooth sailing. It was so nice not to have to carry my full rig (saved my back about 40lbs of lifting). I've slimmed my footprint down to just about my Diago pedalboard. Attaching a pic:

ax8-rig.jpg

I custom made a mini-snake with a guitar cable and a 20', 1/4" male to 1/8" female for my in-ears. I don't go wireless, as we play smaller bars and such. I'm cabled for both guitar and in-ears. I have a little strip of velcro attached to my guitar strap, and the 1/8" female is wrapped in velcro to hold things in place. I got a little Behringer mini headphone amp to receive a stereo out (1/4") from our board which feeds the Behringer. The Behringer transformer is small and fits nicely in a gap between the AX8 and my Mission pedal. The other transformer is for my vocal effects, which I keep outside my pedal board (I keep it just to the right and at an angle for easier access/switching). I brought this board, a small gig bag, a mic stand, a guitar stand, and my guitar. All fits in my trunk. One trip. Hell yeah! Set up in less than 10 minutes, tore town equally as fast.

My back would like to thank Cliff and the rest of the Fractal gang for making this product! :)
I hope when the rest of the people on the waitlist get theirs, that they have as much enjoyment as I did!

Cool! You do have to remove the protective plastic cover on the AX8 to make the new setup official though... :)

Nice looking board!

I had my first gig this past Saturday using the AX8; everything went great! I goofed up once trying to get to a patch for an impromptu song (I re-arranged patches from my Axe II to better suit the AX8; the layout differs from using my MFC and the Axe II), but all-in-all everything else was smooth sailing. It was so nice not to have to carry my full rig (saved my back about 40lbs of lifting). I've slimmed my footprint down to just about my Diago pedalboard. Attaching a pic:

ax8-rig.jpg

I custom made a mini-snake with a guitar cable and a 20', 1/4" male to 1/8" female for my in-ears. I don't go wireless, as we play smaller bars and such. I'm cabled for both guitar and in-ears. I have a little strip of velcro attached to my guitar strap, and the 1/8" female is wrapped in velcro to hold things in place. I got a little Behringer mini headphone amp to receive a stereo out (1/4") from our board which feeds the Behringer. The Behringer transformer is small and fits nicely in a gap between the AX8 and my Mission pedal. The other transformer is for my vocal effects, which I keep outside my pedal board (I keep it just to the right and at an angle for easier access/switching). I brought this board, a small gig bag, a mic stand, a guitar stand, and my guitar. All fits in my trunk. One trip. Hell yeah! Set up in less than 10 minutes, tore town equally as fast.

My back would like to thank Cliff and the rest of the Fractal gang for making this product! :)
I hope when the rest of the people on the waitlist get theirs, that they have as much enjoyment as I did!

Cool, that made me thinking if there's an option to just feed the AX8 output directly to the mixer/monitors and have a small feed of the raw guitar tone via a mini headphone mixer straight to ears with headphones that bleed so you could hear monitoring as well as protect the ears in general. Might or might not work but it would be a cheap and simple in-ear monitoring system with no need for a self-powered speaker at all for some gigs.

Cool, that made me thinking if there's an option to just feed the AX8 output directly to the mixer/monitors and have a small feed of the raw guitar tone via a mini headphone mixer straight to ears with headphones that bleed so you could hear monitoring as well as protect the ears in general. Might or might not work but it would be a cheap and simple in-ear monitoring system with no need for a self-powered speaker at all for some gigs.
I had no speaker at all at the gig. I went direct to FOH. I have a stereo feed from our board with my own personal monitor mix. I tweak as I need it, but it saves my hearing as well. I went this route a little over a year ago and not once have I had any ringing in my ears since..really helps with stage volume as well.

Back
Top Bottom