My Favourite AX8 Verbs

Brilliant as always Leon - thank you for sharing your time & presets.

Only ever used the London Plate & Deep Space, but realise now I may have been missing out.

So much in this unit that I've still barely scratched the surface.... not helped by the fact that every time I plug in it sounds so good it just makes me want to play, so tweaking and exploring often go by the wayside

I usually go for Studio, but have tried a few others. I really don't use gobs of reverb as I use the AX8 for live performing. Studio lets me dial it in just right, at least to my ears.

It took me until now to really dive into the Reverb blocks, and that South Church verb was the first time I've played with a lot of verb and really understood the appeal. I need to try North church again now :p

Long, bright tails for me so it's usually a large hall or cathedral. I hate the boinginess of springs and the chopped tails of rooms.

It took me until now to really dive into the Reverb blocks, and that South Church verb was the first time I've played with a lot of verb and really understood the appeal. I need to try North church again now :p
Careful Leon, You may end up a 'Reverb-aholic' like me....... ;)

My favorite reverb is just about anything with a short decay (well under 1 second) and a light touch on the Mix knob. It thickens just about any kind of tone, and it works in just about any venue.

Finally had a chance to sit down and listen to this last night... I kind of like the South Church one! Ended up using it in a couple of presets I was making up for this coming weekend, can't wait to try them out.

I still like the Med. and Large Room ones with some adjustment for more tight rhythm stuff (Classic Rock Drive kinda thing...) also Studio C I think it is,.. that one has a certain vibe to it sort like in the right context..

FAS Reverbs: an embarrassment of riches. Great as they sit; Plus, if you want to wear the sound designer hat: you can jack them all over the place to do about anything.

The Spring Reverbs are a good example of extensive possibilities: it can adjust to a variety of classic spring reverb vibes, or you can dial out the "boing" completely and add in wall reflections, so it becomes a soft space for sparkle to shine against. Or the Springs can go full foley: making it sound like you're trapped in a jack-in-the-box.

Mostly I use the studio or the plate in a subdued fashion, because I'm employing reverb as a hint of frosting: and not having it overpower the cake.

Back
Top Bottom