My favorite High Gain Tone

cdub

Inspired
This is by far my favorite high gain tone I've come up with on any Fractal product. I've tried really hard to replicate this on my Axe Fx II XL, but can't seem to quite match it. Lately I'm not even turning on the XL, just always playing my Ultra & using this patch.

I'm using a Music Man JP6 through a QSC K12. The patch is set up for "practice" volume in a small room. Hope someone out there enjoys it as much as I do.

Attachments

• Engl.syx
    2 KB · Views: 137
Can we hear it? I'm curious about that sound a xl couldn't replicate
I don't have a way to record the Ultra direct. Not sure this patch would sound that great recorded direct anyway. I've some fairly close with the Axe 2 using the Angle 2 amp & 1960A G12M cab. I'm assuming that cab is the closest thing to the 4X12 Green from the Ultra? Not sure how it will sound thru your rig, but for me I would swear I'm playing through a tube amp & 4x12 cab when I play through this patch, especially the patch for the Ultra. It has a great tone, but it's more of just the "feel" of playing through it that grabbed me more than anything.

NOTE: the patch below is for the Axe Fx XL. The one earlier in this thread is for the Ultra.

Attachments

• ENGL_Ax2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom