1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

My favorite High Gain Tone

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Preset and Cab Exchange' started by cdub, Dec 22, 2017.

1. cdub

cdub
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

This is by far my favorite high gain tone I've come up with on any Fractal product. I've tried really hard to replicate this on my Axe Fx II XL, but can't seem to quite match it. Lately I'm not even turning on the XL, just always playing my Ultra & using this patch.

I'm using a Music Man JP6 through a QSC K12. The patch is set up for "practice" volume in a small room. Hope someone out there enjoys it as much as I do.

Attached Files:

Angelopes, kelso1 and AlGrenadine like this.
  2. AlGrenadine

AlGrenadine
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Can we hear it? I'm curious about that sound a xl couldn't replicate

3. cdub

cdub
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I don't have a way to record the Ultra direct. Not sure this patch would sound that great recorded direct anyway. I've some fairly close with the Axe 2 using the Angle 2 amp & 1960A G12M cab. I'm assuming that cab is the closest thing to the 4X12 Green from the Ultra? Not sure how it will sound thru your rig, but for me I would swear I'm playing through a tube amp & 4x12 cab when I play through this patch, especially the patch for the Ultra. It has a great tone, but it's more of just the "feel" of playing through it that grabbed me more than anything.

NOTE: the patch below is for the Axe Fx XL. The one earlier in this thread is for the Ultra.

Attached Files:

NightWalker likes this.
  4. AlGrenadine

AlGrenadine
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

I'd really need a recording of your DI and the resulting sound in order to try to match it

5. Ionut Covaciu

Ionut Covaciu
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

How do you upload a recording? If i try to upload a mp3 or a wav it says that it is an invalid format. Thank you

6. AlGrenadine

AlGrenadine
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

send it via dropbox or wetransfer of whatever...