Amps through the EV-12L speaker

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
EDIT: UPDATED JULY 2022

So, forum people, here's another collection of mine.

I've settled on a specific combination of Rumble 4x12 12L factory IRs as my all-time favorite cab.*
Impedance curve: Dirty Shirley EV.

And in this preset collection for the Axe-Fx III I've selected and dialed in my favorite amp models for that cab, using firmware 20.02 (beta).
One preset per amp model. Plus favorite effects.

Sticking to a single cab which also sounds quite neutral, brings out the differences between the amp models quite nicely. There were a few surprises.

Notes:
  • I sticked to the authentic amp controls.
  • Scenes 1-4 go from clean to mean, using the four amp channels. If the amp model doesn't do a decent clean tone, I've selected a suitable alternative in scene 1.
Download the presets here.

* There's an EV-12L in my "real" cab too.

IMG_0813.jpg

Last edited:
I tried a lot of presets from many people (I think, a lot of Fractal-Users does) but normally they are not for my pair of ears. I like your presets a lot: There are a lot of (ore better: enough) highs. Brett Kingmans presets for example sound a lot darker to me. So are the stock-presets in the axefx usually.
Funny, how different the taste is! I was sometimes wondering if everything is ok with my ears.

Last edited:
Those rumble cabs are excellent. You’re right, it just works with any kind of amp, been looking for something like this.
Other targeted cabs offer more character which is nice for recording, but live, having the same eq profile across presets/scenes is a must IMO.

Wow Yek!! Thanks a million!

?: Just noticed & curious.. no USA amps? Not your "cup of tea"?

Last edited:
That's right! :) Never cared much for the polished sound of MESA, and the hassle of dialing them it.
And Leon has them covered.
For sure!

The uniqueness of the attack of the Mark Series is particularly noteworthy for me in my solos.

Yes…dialing them in is a chore but pure bliss when it’s nailed! 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom