My experience with v. 5

rtcook

Experienced
Hi all!

New here and to the Axe. Had a Ultra for a short while and just received my II. I played v. 4.01 for a short amount of time and was concerned that I had made a mistake upgrading. Well, after upgrading to v. 5 tonight and installing all the new v. 5 preset banks, I'm glad to report all is well. Huge difference. I believe there are alot of people out there that are either not doing the upgrade properly or completely. Read alot of posts of people's troubles with installs, presets and such with Axe II and Axe Edit. I can say I did not have one issue with any of the updates. I did my homework. All went smoothly. Followed alot of people's advice here and I thank you for it. Now I can play!

Roger

I had a similar experience. I got my axe-II with firmware 2.x (don't recall which exactly), updated to v3 real quick and thought it sounded great and had a lot of potential. Then upgraded to v4 and had a tough time getting tones I was happy with. On Thursday I updated to v5, quickly updated my amps and cabs, played a gig that night and wow, its a whole new animal. Cliff wasn't kidding when he said he rewrote the entire power amp simulation for this release. Played another gig tonight and have never been happier. The sound and feel are so much more usable and seemingly realistic now! So psyched!!

Back
Top Bottom