My Experience with the Axe-Fx 3

Let me first start by saying that the Fractal Axe-Fx 3 is simply the best gear purchase I have ever made. I first heard about Fractal in 2015 during my first year of law school. I was instantly interested in purchasing an Axe-Fx 2. It was more of an obsession because I had finally found a product that had everything, I could ever want for guitar tones under the hood. Unfortunately, it was way outside of my budget at the time and settled for an Avid Eleven Rack and eventually a Boss GT-001. Both left me wanting so much more. Fast forward to end of February 2020, I’m licensed to practice law and had been working for long enough to revisit my obsession with Fractal.

I have had my Axe-Fx 3 for roughly a year and a half and I have never been happier with my tone. The sound quality is simply mind-blowing! Does it take time to dial in the sounds I want, yes. However, the end results are incredibly rewarding. I love being able to dial in a preset for each one of my guitars that highlights the natural features of said guitar. One of the features I love the most is being able to use 2 amp blocks in at the same time. Being able blend different amps together, without all the trouble of physical amps, is amazing! In my experience, the complexity in tone is unmatched when you find 2 different amps that work well together.

I am also a bass player and the Axe-Fx works incredibly well for bass too! I would love to see more bass amps in the fractal arsenal, but the lack of actual bass amps has not slowed me down. The tools inside the Axe have allowed me to find the low end sound I’ve always wanted! Just last night I was playing around with the X-Over Block and my mind exploded!!! Easily the best bass tones I have ever had. My SamsAmp VT pedal has finally met its match and will likely be gathering dust now, just like my most of my other pedals.

With the Axe-Fx, the only limitation is me. The Axe has all the tools to create virtually any routing option and to make all the sounds you could dream of. If I am running into an issue, I know its most likely on my end and not knowing how to utilize the Axe to its fully capability. This brings me to the absolutely best part of owning a Axe-Fx and that’s the actual team behind Fractal and the Fractal community at large. The work Cliff and the rest of the team put into making the Axe the best possible amp modeler it can be is unparalleled. I believe when I first received the Axe it was on firmware 14 and updated firmware every step of the way. I find it funny to see other companies doing press releases to inform their customers that a new firmware is available because it really shows the lack of commitment to their product. It’s amazing that Fractal is so dedicated to improving something that seemed perfect and is so dedicated to the community it has developed. I really love this company and their dedication to making all of us the happiest guitar players we can be.

Thank you, Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team, for your hard work and dedication. You have made this guitar nerd very very happy!!!

TLDR: Fractal fucking rocks and the Axe-Fx 3 was the best guitar related purchase I’ve ever made.

Let me first start by saying that the Fractal Axe-Fx 3 is simply the best gear purchase I have ever made. I first heard about Fractal in 2015 during my first year of law school. I was instantly interested in purchasing an Axe-Fx 2. It was more of an obsession because I had finally found a product that had everything, I could ever want for guitar tones under the hood. Unfortunately, it was way outside of my budget at the time and settled for an Avid Eleven Rack and eventually a Boss GT-001. Both left me wanting so much more. Fast forward to end of February 2020, I’m licensed to practice law and had been working for long enough to revisit my obsession with Fractal.

I have had my Axe-Fx 3 for roughly a year and a half and I have never been happier with my tone. The sound quality is simply mind-blowing! Does it take time to dial in the sounds I want, yes. However, the end results are incredibly rewarding. I love being able to dial in a preset for each one of my guitars that highlights the natural features of said guitar. One of the features I love the most is being able to use 2 amp blocks in at the same time. Being able blend different amps together, without all the trouble of physical amps, is amazing! In my experience, the complexity in tone is unmatched when you find 2 different amps that work well together.

I am also a bass player and the Axe-Fx works incredibly well for bass too! I would love to see more bass amps in the fractal arsenal, but the lack of actual bass amps has not slowed me down. The tools inside the Axe have allowed me to find the low end sound I’ve always wanted! Just last night I was playing around with the X-Over Block and my mind exploded!!! Easily the best bass tones I have ever had. My SamsAmp VT pedal has finally met its match and will likely be gathering dust now, just like my most of my other pedals.

With the Axe-Fx, the only limitation is me. The Axe has all the tools to create virtually any routing option and to make all the sounds you could dream of. If I am running into an issue, I know its most likely on my end and not knowing how to utilize the Axe to its fully capability. This brings me to the absolutely best part of owning a Axe-Fx and that’s the actual team behind Fractal and the Fractal community at large. The work Cliff and the rest of the team put into making the Axe the best possible amp modeler it can be is unparalleled. I believe when I first received the Axe it was on firmware 14 and updated firmware every step of the way. I find it funny to see other companies doing press releases to inform their customers that a new firmware is available because it really shows the lack of commitment to their product. It’s amazing that Fractal is so dedicated to improving something that seemed perfect and is so dedicated to the community it has developed. I really love this company and their dedication to making all of us the happiest guitar players we can be.

Thank you, Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team, for your hard work and dedication. You have made this guitar nerd very very happy!!!

TLDR: Fractal fucking rocks and the Axe-Fx 3 was the best guitar related purchase I’ve ever made.
I concur.

Back
Top Bottom